Cloud computing companies, chosen from hundreds of applicants, to be honored at industry’s leading cloud conference, Structure 2010
(PRWEB) May 24, 2010 — GigaOM today announced the winners of Structure 2010 LaunchPad, a high-profile competition that recognizes the 11 most promising cloud companies. From the large number of entries just 11 were chosen as winners based on their forward-thinking vision, and sustainable business models.
The winners will present their companies on stage at Structure 2010, the largest and most influential cloud computing conference in the industry, set to take place June 23-24, 2010 in San Francisco.
The winners of the LaunchPad competition are:
• Benguela – A stealth mode startup company founded by Amazon EC2 veterans
• Cloudant – MapReduce based data management with analytics and search
• Cloudswitch – Makes enterprise cloud adoption easy by solving key problems
• Datameer – The Big Data power of Hadoop made accessible through a spreadsheet interface
• Greenqloud – Provider of completely carbon neutral cloud provider
• GridCentric – Turns your compute farm into a high-performance, private cloud in seconds
• nephosity – Allows non programmers to allocate tasks and workflows on the cloud
• Northscale – Provide a simple, fast, schema-free mechanism for storing data objects
• Riptano – Apache Cassandra (Facebook’s data layer) management software and services
• SolidFire – Next-generation block-based storage platform for cloud computing providers and big enterprises
• Zettar Inc – Create secure private storage cloud using commodity storage assets
“Cloud computing has become much more than a buzzword – hardware, software, and communications companies are now successfully leveraging the on-demand, Web-based model to deliver sophisticated enterprise-class products and services in the cloud,” says Stacey Higginbotham, Editor of GigaOM. “It was tough to choose just 11 top cloud companies from all the innovative companies that applied, but we’re confident the 11 winners our editors selected are truly the best of the best.”
Structure 2010 is the largest and most influential cloud computing conference, expected to draw over 1,000 attendees at this year’s expanded two-day event. Dozens of leading cloud industry executives and influencers will take the stage at Structure 2010 to share best practices and real-world strategies for embracing cloud technologies to reduce costs, improve efficiencies, and boost performance. Whether you’re an IT professional, or a cloud entrepreneur looking for funding, Structure 2010 is a must-attend event that will connect you with the industry’s most innovative thinkers.
Latest posts by cloudtweaks (see all)
- Cloud Infographic: The Cost Of A Data Breach - July 29, 2014
- Atlantic.Net Launches First International Data Center In Toronto, Canada - July 29, 2014
- Google’s Autonomic Robotic Car – What Side Are You On? - July 29, 2014