Enterprises of all sizes unleash the social enterprise and a new way to work
SAN FRANCISCO, June 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced that more than 10,000 of its customers have gone live on the GA release of Chatter in the first week of its availability. Chatter, the industry’s first cloud-based enterprise social collaboration application and platform, unleashes the social enterprise and a new way to work for people around the world.
Comments on the News
- “We’ve never seen this kind of excitement around a product release before,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. “The rapid adoption of Chatter is simply amazing.”
- “The market demands of today mean that our competitive advance lies in our ability to arm employees and teams with accurate, real-time information,” said Matthew Schafer, founding partner, Sequoia Wealth Management Group. “With Salesforce Chatter, we can stay on top of what’s going on with customer accounts to deliver an unrivaled client service experience. The combination of Chatter’s social networking features and real-time access via the iPhone app are invaluable because they have accelerated our productivity and bolstered our ability meet our clients’ needs quicker.”
The industry response to Chatter signals the overwhelming demand for Cloud 2 apps that are social, mobile and real-time. Leveraging the features popularized by Facebook, Google and Twitter, like profiles, status updates and real-time feeds, Chatter empowers enterprises with a new level of productivity only possible in the cloud. Chatter’s social collaboration technology enables enterprises to collaborate around more than just documents, employees can also follow people, business processes and application data.
Salesforce Chatter Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce Chatter is now generally available and included for free with all paying user licenses of Salesforce CRM and Force.com.
- Chatter-only user licenses are available for customers using Professional Edition, Enterprise Edition or Unlimited Edition for $15 per user, per month.
- Customers who purchase salesforce.com technologies should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company. Based on salesforce.com’s real-time, multitenant architecture, the company’s platform and CRM applications (http://www.salesforce.com/crm) have revolutionized the way companies collaborate and communicate with their customers, including:
- The Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- The Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
- Chatter, for social collaboration
- The Force.com platform, for custom application development
- The AppExchange, the world’s leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing applications
Salesforce.com offers the fastest path to customer success with cloud computing. As of April 30, 2010, salesforce.com manages customer information for approximately 77,300 customers including Allianz Commercial, Dell, Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and SunTrust Banks.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Latest posts by CloudTweaks (see all)
- How To Avoid An IT Culture Clash - July 27, 2015
- CLOUD AGGREGATION IS INEVITABLE: The Shift From Digital Disruption To Digital Enabler - July 27, 2015
- Smart Watches And Cyber Security Concerns - July 24, 2015