Launches the Zuora Toolkit for Windows Azure Enabling Developers and ISVs to Meter, Price, and Bill for Windows Azure Platform Cloud Solutions
REDWOOD SHORES, CA–(Marketwire – June 16, 2010) -
- Zuora, the company that defined and continues to lead the subscription billing industry, today announced that it will join the Microsoft Windows Azure Technology Adoption Program (TAP) and help in the advancement of Microsoft’s cloud computing platform. Zuora is the first on-demand billing and subscription management provider to be chosen by Microsoft from among 300 ISV partners.
- As part of the Windows Azure TAP program, Zuora is making immediately available its Zuora Toolkit for Windows Azure.
- Zuora Toolkit for Windows Azure helps developers and ISVs meter, price, and bill for their Windows Azure platform cloud-based applications and services.
The New Face of Cloud Commerce — Metering, Pricing, Billing
- As the world quickly moves to cloud computing, developers, ISV partners and enterprises need the right tools to build, run, and scale their solutions in the cloud and reduce the time-to-market and to support the changing subscription economy. Microsoft created the Windows Azure TAP to ensure the world’s most innovative companies not only adopt Windows Azure platform, but also help drive its success.
- Concurrently, the shift to cloud computing is also driving substantial changes to the software market including how ISVs sell and charge for access. Customers are demanding software solutions on a subscription basis, using on-demand, pay-for-what-you-use models that mirror the elastic nature of the cloud itself. This is the new face of cloud commerce.
- Unless vendors of cloud solutions — IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS — also have the right tools needed to meter, price, and bill for their offerings, cloud computing will not achieve its full potential.
Introducing the Zuora Toolkit for Windows Azure
- To drive success and adoption for the Windows Azure ecosystem, Zuora has delivered the Zuora Toolkit for Windows Azure in conjuncture with Microsoft to enable developers and ISVs to easily automate commerce from within their Windows Azure application and/or website in a matter of minutes. With the Zuora Toolkit for Windows Azure, Windows Azure developers and ISVs can:
- create flexible price plans and packages;
- support usage and pay-as-you-go pricing models;
- initiate a subscription order online;
- accept credit cards with PCI Level 1 compliance; and
- manage the customers, recurring subscriptions, and invoicing.
- The Zuora Toolkit for Windows Azure can be accessed at http://developer.zuora.com/. Zuora is also providing a Z-Commerce for the Cloud code sample for developers to embed in their cloud solutions at http://developer.zuora.com/samplecode.html.
- “Cloud computing is poised to change the way our customers do business, and we’re working to ensure that Windows Azure will enable these companies to quickly develop and deploy cloud-based applications,” said Michael Maggs, senior director, Windows Azure partner strategy at Microsoft. “The importance of Zuora’s solution is that it helps give developers and ISVs the flexibility to monetize their applications based on any pricing variables.”
- “The single most important service for ISVs in the cloud is the ability to monetize, and Zuora removes the friction of building a payment ecosystem and manages the constant changes that come with subscription management,” said Shawn Price, president and general manager at Zuora. “We are excited to be chosen by Microsoft and to offer our expertise in cloud-based billing and commerce so the 10,000 Azure developers and customers will be able to launch and monetize their applications quickly.”
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora’s subscription billing and commerce platform changes the way subscription businesses manage and sell to customers, allowing them to bring new products to market in less time, with more flexibility and less hassle. Zuora customers are up and running within 90 days and often recognize 200% ROI within weeks. Zuora is built from the ground up by SaaS industry visionaries and veterans from salesforce.com, WebEx, Accenture, Google, eBay, Oracle and Vitria. Zuora customers include Reed Business Information, Coremetrics, InsideView, Marketo, Ricoh, Box.net, Xactly, HD Cloud, Cloud Central and Sun Microsystems. To learn more about Zuora, please visit www.zuora.com.
Latest posts by cloudtweaks (see all)
- How To Take Advantage Of “As-A-Service” To Build Business Value - April 15, 2014
- Cloud Infographic: Big Data Investments - April 14, 2014
- Cloud Infographic: Computer Virus Facts And Stats - April 11, 2014