When a small business first starts up, there’s a good chance everything it needs resides on the founder’s PC. Customer lists might be in word processor documents or spreadsheets, and assets are probably scarce enough to be tracked on paper.
“Cloud-based solutions could deliver all the collaborative advantages of the best server-based solutions, all without needing to worry about the server box at all,” Mr. Levy says. But, he adds, “Unless both vendor and customer are on the same page, the intended results may either never be realized, or they’ll be realized only after undue expense and contentious negotiation.”
Full Source GlobeAndMail
- IBM Launches Cloud Data And Analytics Marketplace For Developers - February 4, 2016
- Microsoft Acquires SwiftKey Smart Predictive Keyboard Technology - February 3, 2016
- SAS Celebrates 40th Year of Record Revenue — US$3.16 Billion In 2015 - February 2, 2016
- Unlocking The Doors Of Individualized Patient Care With Big Data - January 27, 2016
- Big Data And Quantum Computers - January 25, 2016