How to Setup WordPress blog on Rackspace:
Rackspace is a cloud based web hosting application. You can host your blogs on Rackspace using WordPress, the most used and popular CMS blogging application tool on the market.
Some Easy Steps to Follow
You need to follow these steps to upload your blog files into the Rackspace cloud:
1. Open the Rackspace web application and Click on Hosting under Control Panel.
2. Choose web sites from the list of test sites, in case you haven’t created any test sites, you better create one before starting WordPress setup.
3. It will show the site information with traffic details of the selected web site.
4. Click on the Feature tab and select the database from the already existing databases in the table.
Continue…Setting Up The Database
- In the next screen, provide name and details of the database. You will see a summary of your database.
- You can access your database remotely through the remote IP address or the php management name provided on the screen.
- Go to WordPress.com and Download the latest version of the application to install.
- Choose an FTP application, drag and drop the WordPress files.
- Go to the Plug-in directory Select CDN (Content Distribution Network) tools to side load images and videos.
- Create your profile by providing details like Name, User Name, and Password and upload it.
- Go to Settings and configure the WordPress settings and plug-ins as per your choice. Create a title for your blog and enter your Email address.
- Once the configuration is completed WordPress will be installed, provide your Rackspace details and login to the application.
- Open your Rackspace cloud account and enter your login credentials.
- Go to Cloud Files and upload your blog files and CDN root files into the media library.
- The wordpress blog will be uploaded onto Rackspace. You can now view the demo blog on Rackspace Cloud as shown in the figure below.
Latest posts by cloudtweaks (see all)
- Sparks Fly As NASA Pushes The Limits Of 3-D Printing Technology - August 29, 2014
- Cloud Infographic – The 3D Printing Debate - August 28, 2014
- Dropbox Slashes Its Prices – Adds New Features To Fight Competition - August 27, 2014