At a media event in its San Francisco office on Thursday, Google introduced two new mobile apps for Android devices that highlight the rapidly growing computing power available to mobile users.
Google product management director Hugo Barra showed off a new feature of the Voice Search app called Voice Actions for Android, a set of spoken commands that perform specified actions, like sending a text message. He also demonstrated an updated Chrome-to-Phone extension, which allows users to automatically transfer data like maps and URLs from a Chrome browser to an Android device.
Continue reading at InformationWeek
- Google Serious About Combined Cloud Platform Business Model - November 20, 2015
- Google Taking A Back Seat To Self Driving Laws - November 16, 2015
- Protective Smart Clothing Startups On The Rise - November 12, 2015
- Microsoft Sets Up Data Centers In Germany Amid US Surveillance Concerns - November 11, 2015
- Google Introduces New Machine Learning System – TensorFlow - November 9, 2015