At a media event in its San Francisco office on Thursday, Google introduced two new mobile apps for Android devices that highlight the rapidly growing computing power available to mobile users.
Google product management director Hugo Barra showed off a new feature of the Voice Search app called Voice Actions for Android, a set of spoken commands that perform specified actions, like sending a text message. He also demonstrated an updated Chrome-to-Phone extension, which allows users to automatically transfer data like maps and URLs from a Chrome browser to an Android device.
Continue reading at InformationWeek
- Self-Driving Google Computers Are Almost Ready To Drive - February 10, 2016
- IBM Launches Cloud Data And Analytics Marketplace For Developers - February 4, 2016
- Microsoft Acquires SwiftKey Smart Predictive Keyboard Technology - February 3, 2016
- SAS Celebrates 40th Year of Record Revenue — US$3.16 Billion In 2015 - February 2, 2016
- Unlocking The Doors Of Individualized Patient Care With Big Data - January 27, 2016