ISLANDIA, N.Y., Sept. 9 /PRNewswire/ — As more organizations implement cloud computing solutions to become more nimble and better serve the needs of business users, IT leaders are in need of pragmatic advice about implementation best practices. Experts from CA Technologies will be sharing their insights to help organizations get the most out of their cloud computing initiatives at several key IT industry events in September and October.
Managed service providers (MSPs) looking to leverage the cloud to more quickly roll out new services to their customers can tap into a significant growth opportunity with cloud computing . Adam Famularo, general manager of the Cloud customer solutions unit at CA Technologies, will deliver a keynote outlining strategies to help MSPs take advantage of this “land-grab” opportunity at MSPWorld 2010, co-located with ITEXPO in Los Angeles on October 4, 2010.
“Cloud computing represents a dramatic shift in the way organizations and service providers are building, managing and consuming IT services,” said Famularo. “Many IT departments see the potential of cloud computing and are now working to make sense of their options – public, private and hybrid clouds. We are focused on helping organizations navigate the many choices available based on their needs, risks and desired outcomes. We deeply understand the opportunities and challenges associated with cloud computing and we’re eager to share our knowledge and lessons learned to help IT pros better manage their dynamic IT service supply chains.”
Attendees will hear from CA Technologies experts at the following events and conferences:
- Hosting & Cloud Transformation Summit North America: Brian Burba, vice president of strategy, will present a keynote session on “What the Cloud Means for Service Providers: The Chance of a Lifetime for Competition & Growth” on September 14 at 11:45 a.m. PT. On the same day, Bert Armijo, vice president of strategy, will participate in a panel session on “Enterprise and the Cloud – Breaking Down the Barriers to Adoption” at 3:00 p.m. PT, and Gary Read, CEO of Nimsoft, a CA Technologies company, will join the panel on “Cloud Computing – The Role of Software Vendors and Partnering Strategies for New Revenue Streams” on September 15 at 2:00 p.m. PT. The event will be held at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas (September 13-15). For more information, visit: http://www.hsvsummit.com/na/2010.
- ITEXPO and MSPWorld 2010: Adam Famularo will deliver a keynote entitled “Market Turbulence: How Service Providers Can (and Must) Take Advantage of the Cloud Computing Disruption” on October 4 at 4:30 p.m. PT. Karen Sage, vice president of marketing, will also lead a session on “Winning Strategies to Sell Managed Services” on October 4 at 3:00 p.m. PT. CA Technologies is a platinum sponsor of this event taking place at the Los Angeles Convention Center (October 4-6).
- More details are available at: http://www.tmcnet.com/voip/conference/west-10/ or http://mspalliance.tmcnet.com/conference/west-10/.
- VMworld Europe 2010: Matthew Richards, senior director of product marketing, will present a session on “How to Bypass the Usual IT Roadblocks and Get Your Private Cloud Up and Running in Less Than 30 Days” at this event taking place in Copenhagen, Denmark (October 12-14). To learn more, visit: http://www.vmworld.com/community/conferences/europe2010/.
Attendees at the Hosting & Cloud Transformation Summit, MSPWorld (booth #651) and VMworld Europe 2010 (booth #40) can also visit CA Technologies in the vendor exhibit areas for demos of the company’s cloud computing solutions, including 3Tera® AppLogic® and Oblicore.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems.
Latest posts by cloudtweaks (see all)
- Facebook Finding Friends In The Node Pole - March 7, 2014
- Cloud Infographic: The Mobile Business Boom - March 6, 2014
- Whitepapers: Best Practices For Cloud-Based Recovery - March 6, 2014