Sony Challenges Apple ITunes with New Cloud Based Digital Service.
Sony has made an announcement at the at the IFA conference in Berlin. They have announced that they will be competing with Apple iTunes by offering an unlimited cloud-based music service which will be accessible through the PS3 and other cloud connected mobile devices. This new service will be powered by Qriocity and be available later this year and is the 1st major step by anyone looking to challenge iTunes for the digital music download market.
“We are excited to offer our customers high quality, cloud-based entertainment experiences across many of Sony’s network-enabled devices,” said Kazuo Hirai, President of Networked Products & Services Group, Sony Corporation. “Services ‘powered by Qriocity’ will revolutionize the way that users play, listen, watch, share, communicate, learn, discover and create their digital entertainment content.”
Stay tuned for future developments…
- Top 50 Big Data Marketing Blogs - October 1, 2015
- Google Driving Self Into The Future - September 30, 2015
- Cloud Infographic: Smart Data And Sports - September 25, 2015
- Gartner Highlights Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends For China - September 23, 2015
- Major Job Markets For Technology - September 22, 2015