VMworld Was A Massive Success, Attracts Over 17000 Attendees
SAN FRANCISCO, CA–(Marketwire – September 3, 2010) – VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced the conclusion of its seventh annual VMworld® 2010 conference, which was held from Aug. 30 through Sept. 2 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. VMworld 2010 attracted a record number of more than 17,000 customers, partners, press and analysts, and 233 sponsors and exhibitors signifying a major shift in the IT industry towards cloud computing.
VMworld 2010 featured more than 170 unique breakout sessions across 10 tracks from companies and customers driving innovation in the virtualization and cloud industry. VMware President and CEO Paul Maritz and Steve Herrod, VMware CTO and Senior Vice President of R&D, outlined the company’s vision for IT as a Service and demonstrating new virtualization and cloud computing technologies in Tuesday’s keynote.
Key highlights and announcements made during the event include:
- VMware announced a broad strategy and set of new and emerging products to help businesses and governments move beyond “IT as a Cost Center” to a more business-centric “IT as a Service” model. This new model of IT is designed to create improved approaches at each critical layer of a modern IT architecture: infrastructure, applications and end-user access.
- VMware announced VMware vCloud™ Director to enable a new model for delivering and consuming IT services across hybrid clouds, the VMware vShield™ product family to tackle cloud security challenges, and VMware vCloud™ Datacenter Services designed to help customers build secure, interoperable enterprise-class clouds delivered by leading service providers.
- VMware announced its cloud application platform, VMware vFabric™, a modern application development framework and integrated platform of services to deliver speed, portability, and optimized use of cloud infrastructure.
- VMware announced VMware View™ 4.5 to help organizations evolve their legacy desktop computing environments to a more modern, user-centric application and data delivery model.
- VMware announced that it had acquired Integrien, a leader in real time application and infrastructure performance analytics software, and TriCipher, a leader in secure access management and enterprise identity federation for cloud hosted Software as a Service (SaaS) applications.
- VMworld 2010 Hands-On Labs set several new records; with a hands-on opportunity to experience virtualization and cloud technologies across 30 lab topics. More than 15,300 labs in total were taken by VMworld attendees and 145,000 virtual machines were deployed during the conference. Attendees accessed more than 480 VMworld 2010 Lab seats resulting in over 21,000 total lab hours delivered over the four days. For the first time, the Labs were powered by VMware hybrid cloud technology based on VMware vSphere™ via data centers located in San Francisco, California; Ashburn, Virginia; and Miami, Florida to enable 4,000 virtual machines to be deployed and un-deployed every hour.
More information from VMworld 2010, including replays of general session keynotes, is available at http://www.vmworld.com/community/buzz/.
Additional media information is available at the VMworld 2010 Press Room.
VMworld Europe will take place in Copenhagen on October 12-14, 2010. To register, please visit: http://www.vmworld.com/community/conferences/europe2010/
VMware delivers virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable IT organizations to energize businesses of all sizes. With the industry leading virtualization platform — VMware vSphere™ — customers rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, improve agility, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. With 2009 revenues of $2 billion, more than 190,000 customers and 25,000 partners, VMware is the leader in virtualization which consistently ranks as a top priority among CIOs. VMware is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com
VMware, VMware vSphere and VMworld are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
Latest posts by CloudTweaks (see all)
- IBM Radically Simplifies Cloud Computing Contracts - December 18, 2014
- The Role Cloud Technology Plays in the Recruiting Industry - December 16, 2014
- Cloud Infographic – The Drone Consumer Revolution - December 12, 2014