NASDAQ OMX Offers Data-on-Demand Service on NASDAQDOD.com
The NASDAQ OMX Group has launched NASDAQ Data-on-Demand, a new cloud computing solution that provides easy and flexible access to massive amounts of historical Level 1 tick data. NASDAQ Data-on-Demand eliminates the need to maintain ever-growing in-house databases and data management infrastructure.
“Customers of NASDAQ Data-on-Demand are able to cut costs and boost efficiency by getting only the data they need when they need it,” said Randall Hopkins, NASDAQ OMX’s Senior Vice President of Global Data Products. “Thanks to NASDAQ Data-on-Demand, large and small customers alike can channel more resources to their core business operations and avoid data overload.”
As historical tick data becomes increasingly important for research, back-testing of strategies and verification of internal data, NASDAQ Data-on-Demand provides flexible, scalable access to large amounts of high quality data for NASDAQ-, NYSE-, OTC Bulletin Board® (OTCBB), Pinksheet and other regional-listed securities. NASDAQ OMX expanded the Data-On-Demand data set to include over-the-counter securities in the U.S for the launch. As a potential data repository for the securities industry, NASDAQ Data-on-Demand enables users − ranging from individual investors, to small algorithmic traders to large institutional investors − to conduct business more efficiently. Users can:
- Extract valuable data online at much lower costs;
- Select very specific pieces or sets of data for instant processing;
- Download large tick data subsets on a scheduled basis;
- Quickly integrate data into applications;
- Save time and resources by using preset analytics; and
- Access Quote, Trade, Volume Weighted Average Price (VWAP), End-of-Day
- Data, Market Spreads and Summarized Trade information.
NASDAQ Data-On-Demand is a web-based application using the cloud infrastructure that expands access to users by allowing data to be purchased online at NASDAQDOD.com. Data can be accessed using an application programming interface (API) and is also available in plain text files for easy analysis in Microsoft Excel or other programs. The delivery method is built on the Xignite DataOnDemand Platform (http://www.xignite.com/Products/).
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein may contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about NASDAQ OMX’s products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond NASDAQ OMX’s control. These factors include, but are not limited to, factors detailed in NASDAQ OMX’s annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
- Self-Driving Google Computers Are Almost Ready To Drive - February 10, 2016
- IBM Launches Cloud Data And Analytics Marketplace For Developers - February 4, 2016
- Microsoft Acquires SwiftKey Smart Predictive Keyboard Technology - February 3, 2016
- SAS Celebrates 40th Year of Record Revenue — US$3.16 Billion In 2015 - February 2, 2016
- Unlocking The Doors Of Individualized Patient Care With Big Data - January 27, 2016