Practically Speaking About Cloud Computing:
Business Intelligence in the Cloud Part II
BI Vendors and IBM Smart Analytics Cloud:
In the latest magic quadrant for Business Intelligence Software, Gartner is mentioning, IBM, SAP, MicroStrategy, SAS, Oracle and Microsoft as leaders; QlikTech, Tibco Spotfire and Tableau as challengers.
IBM Cognos is one of the popular enterprise BI software. IBM is leading in cloud computing deployments with its Smart Analytics Cloud solution. Also, IBM’s Blue Insight, IBM’s own Business Intelligence and Analytics private cloud deployment serves as the template Smart Analytics Cloud. IBM claims that its cloud BI solution can result in 75% cost reduction per user.
Mobile Business Intelligence
The power of mobility is entering into BI space, resulting in Mobile Business Intelligence. The enablers are mobile devices like iPhone, Blackberry, iPad etc… and the spread of mobile broadband. Oracle 11 g has demonstrated its BI capabilities with Apple’s iPad. QlikView claims that it has the most powerful BI application designed for iPad’ s touch interface.
Cloud BI Plan:
- Business Intelligence is one of the major enterprise technology spend.
- Only in limited enterprises, the full ROI is realized on BI implementation.
- Traditional On Premises BI Installations take longer gestation time.
- Cloud BI is emerging as alternate for quick deployment and value.
- Cloud BI Vendor offerings are increasingly available in the market place.
- A careful approach is required to adopt and manage Cloud BI.
Article By Malick with CloudTweaks.com
Latest posts by CloudTweaks (see all)
- Cloud Infographic: Data Storage – $16 Billion Market - October 23, 2014
- SingleHop Unveils Enterprise-Class Virtual Private Cloud for Businesses of All Sizes - October 21, 2014
- Big Data, Big Revenue For The Car Industry - October 17, 2014