Source: Amazon EC2 Team
“We are excited to announce the immediate availability of Cluster GPU Instances for Amazon EC2, a new instance type designed to deliver the power of GPU processing in the cloud. GPUs are increasingly being used to accelerate the performance of many general purpose computing problems. However, for many organizations, GPU processing has been out of reach due to the unique infrastructural challenges and high cost of the technology. Amazon Cluster GPU Instances remove this barrier by providing developers and businesses immediate access to the highly tuned compute performance of GPUs with no upfront investment or long-term commitment.
Amazon Cluster GPU Instances provide 22 GB of memory, 33.5 EC2 Compute Units, and utilize the Amazon EC2 Cluster network, which provides high throughput and low latency for High Performance Computing (HPC) and data intensive applications. Each GPU instance features two NVIDIA Tesla® M2050 GPUs, delivering peak performance of more than one trillion double-precision FLOPS. Many workloads can be greatly accelerated by taking advantage of the parallel processing power of hundreds of cores in the new GPU instances. Many industries including oil and gas exploration, graphics rendering and engineering design are using GPU processors to improve the performance of their critical applications.”
Continue Reading… aws.amazon.com/ec2/hpc-applications.
- Self-Driving Google Computers Are Almost Ready To Drive - February 10, 2016
- IBM Launches Cloud Data And Analytics Marketplace For Developers - February 4, 2016
- Microsoft Acquires SwiftKey Smart Predictive Keyboard Technology - February 3, 2016
- SAS Celebrates 40th Year of Record Revenue — US$3.16 Billion In 2015 - February 2, 2016
- Unlocking The Doors Of Individualized Patient Care With Big Data - January 27, 2016