PALO ALTO, Calif. – HP today unveiled its vision for the “Instant-On Enterprise“ – organizations that embed technology into everything they do in order to better address the rapidly changing needs of customers and citizens.
HP also announced new integrated solutions that help businesses and governments create their own Instant-On Enterprise.
With the adoption of mobile and cloud computing, everything is becoming connected and immediate. As a result, customers and citizens expect responses in seconds and “instants,” instead of weeks and days.
New research conducted on behalf of HP reveals the role of IT is shifting from chiefly being the administrator of the enterprise, to becoming one and the same with the enterprise.(1)
- 86 percent of senior business and government executives believe that to better serve customers and citizens they must rapidly adapt the enterprise to meet changes in consumer expectations.
- 78 percent believe that technology is the key to business and government innovation.
- 85 percent indicated that in order to be successful, technology needs to be embedded in the business or government service.
With its new integrated solutions, HP is helping organizations reinvent their use of technology to deliver innovation at every point in the value chain within the enterprise. This includes the services that are delivered, the mobile devices that provide the access, and the global data centers required to power the Instant-On Enterprise.
“It takes a special kind of enterprise to close the expectation gap between what customers and citizens expect and what the enterprise can deliver,” said Thomas E. Hogan, executive vice president, Enterprise Sales, Marketing and Strategy, HP. “The Instant-On Enterprise delivers differentiated competitive advantage, serving customers, employees, partners and citizens with whatever they want and need, instantly – only HP has the solutions to help organizations become Instant-On Enterprises.”
HP’s new foundational set of integrated solutions – based on the company’s broad portfolio of hardware, software, services and intellectual property – offers businesses and governments the tools they need to modernize, transform, secure, optimize and deliver the Instant-On Enterprise.
- HP Application Transformation solutions: HP transforms applications and processes designed for another era. HP helps enterprises gain control over aging applications and inflexible processes that challenge innovation and agility by governing their responsiveness and pace of change.
- HP Converged Infrastructure solutions: HP breaks through traditional, rigid IT silos with a converged infrastructure specifically engineered to drive out costs and provide the foundation for agile service delivery. Through the integration of server, storage, networking and management resources, HP delivers the data center of the future.
- HP Enterprise Security solutions: HP secures the entire IT infrastructure by addressing all aspects of security – people, processes, technology and content. HP’s portfolio of products and services aligns security to meet ever-changing business and government demands without losing flexibility.
- HP Information Optimization solutions: HP helps organizations rethink how information is gathered, stored and used – harnessing the power of information and ensuring its integrity and protection while delivering it in the context of the enterprise.
In an Instant-On Enterprise, value is designed, built and delivered in the form of technology-enabled services. Leading enterprises recognize there is no “one” singular model of delivery that can be optimized to meet all core service needs. Enterprises will continue to operate in environments containing traditional outsourced and cloud services for the foreseeable future. HP Hybrid Delivery helps clients develop a delivery strategy for their services. It also helps clients to build, manage and consume services using the right delivery model for them.
To help customers on their Instant-On journey, HP also announced two new HP Hybrid Delivery services.
- HP Hybrid Delivery Strategy Service provides clients with a structured understanding of the programs, projects and main activities required to move to, as well as manage, a hybrid delivery model. This offering provides clients with a patent-pending, model-driven framework to introduce hybrid delivery concepts into their existing environments.
- HP Hybrid Delivery Workload Analysis Service analyzes an enterprise’s complement of workloads and applications to determine the best fit and compatibility for hybrid environments. With a unique portfolio of analysis software, HP experts gather service usage and demand profile data, and then develop a set of recommendations on how to best characterize and combine workloads in hybrid environments.
More information about HP’s new offerings, including a video from Hogan, is available at www.hp.com/go/InstantOnEnterprise2010.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com/.
Latest posts by CloudTweaks (see all)
- Cloud Infographic: Data Storage – $16 Billion Market - October 23, 2014
- SingleHop Unveils Enterprise-Class Virtual Private Cloud for Businesses of All Sizes - October 21, 2014
- Big Data, Big Revenue For The Car Industry - October 17, 2014