Using Salesforce CRM with Chatter and Model Metrics’ deployment services, Groupon grows to more than 500 markets around the world, providing thousands of incredible daily discounts each month
CHICAGO – January 19, 2011 – Model Metrics, the leader in cloud computing services for the enterprise, today announced Groupon is using its cloud implementation services along with Salesforce CRM and Chatter to optimize its expanded sales operations in the cloud and lay the foundation for continued rapid business and geographic growth.
One of the fastest growing Internet companies, Groupon uses the power of “group buying” to feature daily deals on the best stuff to do, see, eat and buy in 40 countries and more than 500 markets globally. Having utilized Salesforce CRM since its early days, Groupon turned to Model Metrics to customize its recently upgraded Salesforce deployment to easily scale and better support its quickly expanding sales team in new markets around the world today, and into the future.
- Following a cross-departmental analysis of Groupon’s business processes, Model Metrics is helping Groupon to implement best practices that will streamline its business as it grows in complexity and size.
- Model Metrics is helping Groupon align functional areas across the company to streamline interactions via validation rules and workflow. Model Metrics is also helping Groupon enhance analytics so management can better track sales metrics and gain more visibility into the company’s pipeline.
- Using its expertise with custom development on Force.com, the enterprise cloud computing platform, Model Metrics is helping Groupon minimize the number of steps it takes for sales reps to enter merchant and deal information by customizing the user interface of the solution for its specific business process.
- By working with Model Metrics to customize the application and build in automation, Groupon is well positioned to capitalize on its business success now and into the future.
- Groupon is also using Chatter to achieve breakthrough collaboration with real-time, deeper visibility into accounts and activities.
Comments on the News:
- “As a cloud computing company ourselves, we knew the cloud was also the right model for running our business, but we had no way of knowing at the time how critical it would be for scaling with our success,” said Nick Cioffi, SVP Operations, Groupon. “Now, Model Metrics is helping us to ensure we have the right foundation in place to support and propel our continued growth.
- “Groupon has experienced tremendous success and is a good example of what’s possible when you build a high-growth business in the cloud,” said Adam Caplan, CEO of Model Metrics. “We’re proud to be partnering with Groupon to realize their vision and optimize their business for continued success.”
About Model Metrics
Model Metrics, enabler of the Model Enterprise, delivers solutions and services at the cutting edge of the cloud computing industry. Since its founding in 2003, Model Metrics has become one of the most diversified and respected partners of salesforce.com, Amazon Web Services, Adobe and Google. Headquartered in Chicago with offices across the country, Model Metrics’ customer base spans all industries and includes enterprises such as Abbott, Allergan, Aon, Honeywell, L’Oreal, MasterCard, Medtronic, NBC Universal, The Boeing Company and Walgreens.
With a focus on mobile and call center technology, business process and change management innovation, and custom development, Model Metrics has 5,000+ customers and has completed 1,300+ salesforce.com implementations for mid-sized and Fortune 1000 companies. Its world-class application development skills using Force.com, Adobe Flex and AIR, Amazon Web Services, Google and the Apple iPhone enable the creation of custom applications featuring multimedia-rich user experiences.
To learn more, visit http://www.modelmetrics.com or follow us on Twitter at @modelmetricsinc.
Latest posts by CloudTweaks (see all)
- SingleHop Unveils Enterprise-Class Virtual Private Cloud for Businesses of All Sizes - October 21, 2014
- Big Data, Big Revenue For The Car Industry - October 17, 2014
- Cloud Computing Meets The Smart Electricity Grid - October 16, 2014