Amazon S3 adds new features for hosting static websites
Customers already use Amazon S3 to host images, video, and other content for their website, but until now they haven’t been able to effectively host their entire website on Amazon S3. That’s because even though customers can configure an Amazon S3 bucket as a website, users accessing the root of the website (e.g. http://www.mywebsite.com/) would see the list of objects in the Amazon S3 bucket instead of the website’s home page. Also, if an error occurred, users would see an Amazon S3 error message instead of a website specific error message.
With root and custom error document support, Amazon S3 now provides a simple and inexpensive way to host your website in one place.
- Health Care Industry Is Being Targeted By Cyberthreats - December 1, 2015
- Google Serious About Combined Cloud Platform Business Model - November 20, 2015
- Google Taking A Back Seat To Self Driving Laws - November 16, 2015
- Protective Smart Clothing Startups On The Rise - November 12, 2015
- Microsoft Sets Up Data Centers In Germany Amid US Surveillance Concerns - November 11, 2015