OpSource Offers Affordable Cloud
OpSource is making secure cloud computing accessible and affordable to businesses of all sizes. The enterprise cloud and managed hosting provider is bundling hardware-based security and networking with its Cloud Servers to this end. The company notes that even though cloud computing has the potential to cut costs by 70% many organizations hesitate to use this technology due to security concerns.
“Organizations that consider moving mission-critical applications into the cloud typically cite security as one of their number one concerns, and it continues to be a barrier to entry,” said Philbert Shih, senior analyst, hosting for Tier1 Research. “A compelling security story paves the way for enterprises and SMBs to migrate applications to the cloud and provides significant value-add for potential customers.”
OpSource claims to solve this issue and encourages businesses to use its solutions for reducing cost without compromising data security.
“Our objective in developing these new cloud service bundles was to make it easy for all businesses to implement network security in the same way they do in their own data centers,” said Treb Ryan, CEO of OpSource. “With this move, we are able to provide much more value than our competitors by including powerful, Cisco-based security capabilities as part of the service and for no additional charge. We’re providing these features at a price point that makes it accessible for everyone.”
OpSource’s Cloud Servers is a virtual machine on a physical server. This machine will now come with a Cloud Network, a dedicated virtual local area network (VLAN) that can be customized with a broad range of security controls.
OpSource uses Cisco Data Center Business Advantage solutions, which provide multiple layers of defense against security threats including hacking and denial of service attacks.
By Anuradha Shukla
- The Annual Compliance & Ethics Institute: Hot Topics – Cyber Security, Big Data, Privacy Breach Response - August 30, 2016
- IBM and VMware Expand Partnership to Enable Easy Hybrid Cloud Adoption - August 29, 2016
- Cloud Security Alliance Big Data Working Group Releases ‘100 Best Practices in Big Data’ Report - August 26, 2016
- Pitney Bowes Selects Aria Systems for Billing on the New Commerce Cloud - August 23, 2016
- RTI Presents “Fog Computing Is the Future of the Industrial IoT” Complimentary Webinar - August 22, 2016