The Rackspace Cloud 2.0 Now Available on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch for Free
SAN ANTONIO, TX – March 11, 2011 –Rackspace®, the world’s leading specialist in the hosting and cloud computing industry, today formalized a new program, the Rackspace Startup Program, where Rackspace provides cloud computing resources to startups participating in programs with 500 Startups, TechStars, Y Combinator and General Assembly. In addition to the program, Rackspace also announced the availability of the version 2.0 application, Rackspace Cloud 2.0, now available on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Rackspace Startup Program
Rackspace has partnered with premiere startup accelerators and incubators such as 500 Startups, TechStars, Y Combinator and General Assembly; to provide cloud compute resources to participating startups.
“A lot of folks don’t understand that Rackspace is actually a startup success story – they grew from a 10 person start-up to a leading cloud player, so they understand what it takes to succeed. Fortunately for the tech community, Rackspace continues to invest in entrepreneurs by providing compute power,” said Dave McClure, Founder of 500 Startups. “Unlike years ago, these startups will likely never touch a server because the cloud provides a cheaper, easier way to operate – which is key for any startup that is boot-strapped and short on time. We’re using Rackspace at 500 Startups, and we’ve been consistently pleased with both the service and the support.”
Through the program Rackspace will provide one-on-one guidance and cloud compute resources to help power these startups to success. With deep entrepreneurial roots, Rackspace is committed to helping entrepreneurs succeed and drive the next generation of businesses and cloud innovation.
“Dubset is DJ-defined internet radio, where we source and syndicate music mixes from some of the top DJs around the world,” said David Stein, founder of Dubset, a General Assembly startup. “The Rackspace Cloud allows us to stream music while accurately tracking what gets played—which we believe is the future of music consumption. The Cloud is key to the success of our company: our costs are low and we never have to worry about our servers.”
Rackspace Cloud 2.0
The Rackspace Cloud 2.0 is now available for download on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. It is free of charge and available via iTunes . The new application allows system administrators a life away from their computer to manage the Rackspace Cloud and customize OpenStack™ clouds off-site while on the go. In addition, the application allows quick access to Rackspace Cloud Servers, Cloud Files and supports multiple Rackspace cloud accounts, including connecting to the UK and US Clouds. The new application includes Chef integration helping automate many processes and saving system administrators hours of time and is one of the first to run on Apple’s iOS 4.3, connecting audio and video on Cloud Files from the application directly to Apple TV.
“Now that the cloud application is available on more portable devices and has more features, Rackspace is extending fanatical support by bringing ease of use and portability to the cloud,” said Mike Mayo, mobile application developer of the Rackspace Cloud.
Find Rackspace at SXSW Interactive:
- 11:00 a.m., Saturday, March 12, King of the Apps Showdown, The Lean Startup Track, Room # 204 @ AT&T Conference Center
- 3:30 pm, Sunday, March 13, Kill Your Call Center! Bring Your Support Center Home, Salon D @ Hilton
- 12:30 p.m., Monday, March 14, Live CloudU Streaming Webinar @ Kung Fu Saloon
- 3:30 p.m., Monday, March 14, OMG My Customer’s Pissed and Uses Twitter , Room # 203 @ AT&T Conference Center
- 5:00 p,m., Monday, March 14, Scalability: Covering Your Rear with a Good Backend, Ballroom C @ Austin Convention Center
- 6:00 pm, Monday, March 14, Rackspace + OpenStack Arcade Bash: Drinks, food and games @ Kung Fu Saloon
Latest posts by cloudtweaks (see all)
- The Benefits Of Wearable Technology - July 24, 2014
- Global 2000 Firm Achieves 192 Percent ROI Securing Critical Financial Applications - July 24, 2014
- Cloud Infographic: 7 Billion Mobile Subscriptions Worldwide - July 23, 2014