Cloud Backups with EMC Atmos and Gladinet
You are the CTO or decision maker for a service provider, a school or a trusted solution provider or any company that can make good use of EMC Atmos, a low cost and scalable storage solution in the age of cloud computing. You are thinking about how to best leverage EMC Atmos for your customers, your employees or any group of users.
This article discuss a reference implementation that best leverage EMC Atmos technology and integrate EMC Atmos into user’s desktop PCs.
1 – Anywhere Access for Individual Users
The individual users can be students roaming around on and off-campus. They can also be subscribers for a Telecom service provider that want to use online storage provided by the telecom service provider. In this case, they can use Gladinet Cloud Desktop to connect to their individual EMC Atmos accounts. The Gladinet Cloud Desktop can take care of 3 individual user’s use cases:
- Backup files to online storage
- Direct access to online storage with a drive letter
- Keep a local folder always in sync with other PCs
We refer to this use case as the BASIC requirement as in Backup, Access, Sync for Individual Customers. Indeed, backup, access and sync are the three basic requirements for cloud storage.
2 – On-Premise Access for User Group
Another way of desktop integration is with zero desktop application installation. Instead, the integration point is at a file server. The file server will attach EMC Atmos as second tier storage to the file server itself and provide network share access to a group of users. In this case, Gladinet CloudAFS can be installed as a file server replacement or a cloud storage gateway.
3 – Workstation Backup to EMC Atmos
Backup is the most mature use case for online storage (cloud storage). Backup is also one of the longest application on PCs and Workstations. The combination makes it the most prominent. In this case, Gladinet Cloud Backup can be installed on each workstation and become the background backup agent for EMC Atmos.
- Infographic: Debugging Applications, the Silent Resource Drain - December 7, 2016
- 3 Reasons SaaS Providers Must Have An App Store - December 7, 2016
- The Lighter Side Of The Cloud -The Thrill Seeker - December 2, 2016
- A Resilient Cloud Strategy: Standardize or Diversify? - December 1, 2016
- Autonomous Vehicles – Are European Drivers Ready To Go Driverless? - December 1, 2016