SunGard Availability Services Positioned to Advance Services Expansion with Executive Appointments
Wayne, PA – April 20, 2011 – SunGard Availability Services announced today additions to its executive leadership team to fully support, develop and grow its services as well as further reinforce its leadership position in disaster recovery services, enterprise cloud services, managed IT services, information availability consulting services and business continuity management software.
SunGard Availability Services has made a major commitment to investing in existing staff as well as attracting a broad range of talent and experience as part of a strategy to expand its services portfolio to meet evolving customer availability and cloud computing needs. The new executives recently added to the leadership team are:
– Senior Vice President and General Manager Managed Services Michael Beck, an accomplished IT leader with over 30 years of global experience in the design and delivery of IT infrastructure and applications services. Most recently, Mr. Beck was senior vice president, On Demand Global Delivery and Operations at Oracle.
– Senior Vice President and General Counsel William T. Price, who has over 23 years of broad corporate, legal and operating experience. Most recently, Mr. Price was senior vice president and assistant general counsel at AT&T, where he managed the Enterprise Sales Legal Team, which was responsible for closing approximately $40 billion in annual revenues.
– Executive Vice President and CFO Robert C. Singer, who has over 30 years of operating and capital markets financial experience both in public and privately held companies. Most recently, Mr. Singer was executive vice president & chief financial officer of Algeco Scotsman, the largest multinational provider of modular space solutions and a top five rental services company.
Additionally, Patrick Doherty was appointed executive vice president, North American Sales and Marketing. A proven leader and a highly respected member of the executive team since 2003, Mr. Doherty has held senior leadership roles including product management, strategy, building the Channels organization, and serving as Chief Marketing Officer. A tight linkage between Sales and Marketing in revenue development initiatives will assure SunGard focuses its resources toward addressing customers’ most compelling needs.
“Talent investment is a huge focus as we continue to grow our services and define new offerings in the marketplace,” said Andrew A. Stern, CEO. “This includes leveraging and developing our team of outstanding staff while attracting energetic and talented individuals to SunGard. Mike, Bob and Bill bring significant new capabilities to AS, and along with our existing employees will be instrumental in meeting our growth plans and advancing an inspired culture that aligns with our business objectives.”
About SunGard Availability Services
SunGard Availability Services provides disaster recovery services, managed IT services, information availability consulting services and business continuity management software to 10,000 customers in North America and Europe. With five million square feet of datacenter and operations space, SunGard assists IT organizations across virtually all industry and government sectors to prepare for and recover from emergencies by helping them minimize their computer downtime and optimize their uptime. Through direct sales and channel partners, we help organizations ensure their people and customers have uninterrupted access to the information systems they need in order to do business. To learn more, visit www.sungardas.com or call 1-800-468-7483.
SunGard is one of the world’s leading software and technology services companies. SunGard has more than 20,000 employees and serves 25,000 customers in 70 countries. SunGard provides software and processing solutions for financial services, higher education and the public sector. SunGard also provides disaster recovery services, managed IT services, information availability consulting services and business continuity management software. With annual revenue about $5 billion, SunGard is ranked 380 on the Fortune 500 and is the largest privately held business software and IT services company. Look for us wherever the mission is critical. For more information, visit www.sungard.com.
- Apple And Google Top Annual Interbrand Best Global Brands Report - October 5, 2015
- Top 50 Big Data Marketing Blogs - October 1, 2015
- Google Driving Self Into The Future - September 30, 2015
- Cloud Infographic: Smart Data And Sports - September 25, 2015
- Gartner Highlights Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends For China - September 23, 2015