THE NEED TO RECONSIDER SECURITY APPROACHES
The convergence of numerous trends is causing organizations to reconsider their approach to security.
While widespread email viruses and worms have decreased, attacks via the web are on the rise. This is because web browsers consolidate many applications ─ including those used for email, instant messaging, and ecommerce ─ making the browser an attractive launch pad for attacks.
Web 2.0 and other complex web technologies also open the door to new two‐stage web attacks and social‐engineering exploits.
1. In fact, during the first quarter of 2009, Web 2.0 services and sites led with the highest number of all recorded hacking incidents at 21%.
2. These new methods of attack are particularly dangerous, because they can originate from trusted sources or become embedded within legitimate and authorized email and web content.
Read this white paper for a look at how and why the latest generation of in-the-cloud security really does deliver big dividends for your organization’s network security posture. Cloud-based security is a red hot topic these days, but is it hype or the real deal?
Latest posts by CloudTweaks (see all)
- Cloud Infographic: Data Storage – $16 Billion Market - October 23, 2014
- SingleHop Unveils Enterprise-Class Virtual Private Cloud for Businesses of All Sizes - October 21, 2014
- Big Data, Big Revenue For The Car Industry - October 17, 2014