Informatica Powers Hybrid IT With Cloud Data Integration
Informatica Cloud Summer 2011 Delivers Enterprise-Class Security and Management to Cloud Integration
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 3, 2011 – Informatica Corporation, the world’s number one independent leader in data integration software, today announced Informatica Cloud Summer 2011, a major new release of the award-winning cloud integration service. Cloud computing adoption by IT has been constrained by the lack of enterprise capabilities such as performance, scalability, availability, manageability and support. The Informatica Cloud Summer 2011 release delivers enterprise-class functionality through easy-to-use cloud services that deliver universal cloud integration and unified hybrid deployment for both on-premise and cloud environments.
Easy-to-Use Cloud Services
Informatica Cloud Summer 2011 focuses on simplicity of learning, deploying, administering, managing and configuring cloud integration. The new release introduces:
- Customizable Views enable users to define custom queries based on personal preferences and manage multiple cloud data integration tasks.
- Flexible Job Scheduling enables users to define blackout periods, such as non-business hours, to optimize performance and job processing.
- REST API enables developers and IT to launch pre-defined data integration tasks from an external source for event-based cloud integration.
“Today we rely on Informatica Cloud to run thousands of data integration jobs a day to integrate our customer data,” said Mike Jones, Data Warehouse Analyst at Ingenuity Systems. “The introduction of the REST API with Informatica Cloud Summer 2011 will allow us to deliver real-time data synchronization between production User Management systems and Salesforce CRM in order to ensure new trial registrants are actively supported within 60 seconds.”
Informatica Cloud Summer 2011 introduces increased levels of security and user management to better protect data access, improve governance and enable “cloud control” for IT managers. Enterprise-class features include:
- Fine-Grained Access Controls allow Informatica Cloud administrators to establish role and group permissions and profiles.
- Delegated Administration enables customers and partners to easily provision and manage multiple Informatica Cloud tenants.
- Two-Factor Authentication enforces IP address restrictions such as enabling logins only from specific IP address ranges in addition to login name and password.
“With the maturing of cloud application adoption, enterprises are increasingly moving towards hybrid IT infrastructures combining on-premise and cloud applications,” according to Robert Mahowald, Research Vice President of SaaS and Cloud Services, IDC. “As this trend continues, IT organizations are looking for ways to improve cloud governance and control while ensuring business continuity and continued innovation. An important part of this is finding vendors and solutions they can trust, such as Informatica.”
Unified Hybrid Deployment
Informatica Cloud Summer 2011 will enable hybrid IT by extending unified, enterprise-class data integration services to the cloud.
- A Secure Agent Console Manager allows administrators to securely manage all aspects of the integration jobs which can be shared between on-premise and cloud deployments.
- Informatica Master Data Management (MDM) Data Controls allow licensed Informatica MDM customers to embed the controls directly into cloud applications like Salesforce CRM to provide business user access to master data.
- Pre-built Connectivity on the Informatica Marketplace – The Informatica Cloud Mall now includes 45 Informatica Cloud plug-ins, including Salesforce Chatter, Eloqua, Netsuite, Quickbooks SAP, TAM, Ticketmaster, TruckMate and Xactly.
“Astadia has deployed over 6,000 cloud applications for our clients, and we consistently find integration across the hybrid enterprise fundamental for ensuring adoption and success,” said Cory Vander Jagt, vice president, Product Marketing, Astadia. “We’re excited about the enhanced platform and security features Informatica Cloud is delivering in the Summer 2011 release. Our partnership with Informatica continues to provide industry leading technology and implementation expertise for our joint customers.”
Informatica Platform: Universal Cloud Integration
In addition to the data integration software as a service (SaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) capabilities of the Informatica Cloud Summer 2011 release, Informatica Platform customers can also take advantage of public or private infrastructure as a service (IaaS) deployment options. Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica Data Quality and Informatica Data Archive Cloud Store Option on Amazon Web Services (EC2 and S3) deployment options are available. Now, Informatica MDM is also available for licensed Informatica MDM customers to run it on Amazon Web Services. Informatica MDM empowers companies to improve operations with business-user access to consolidated and reliable business-critical data–such as customers and products–as well as the relationships between data. Deploying Informatica MDM on Amazon Web Services enables accelerated adoption of the MDM solution by shortening deployment time, as well as enables use of new user training, and receipt of upgrades.
“At Informatica, we’ve seen a major shift in cloud adoption, where IT organizations of all sizes are now working closely with the business to deploy cloud applications in the enterprise,” said Ron Papas, general manger, Informatica Cloud. “As a result, data integration, governance and security are increasingly becoming critical to successful cloud deployments. Informatica Cloud Summer 2011 will help enterprises effectively address these concerns in today’s dynamic hybrid IT environments.”
Informatica Cloud Summer 2011 is now available for preview and will be generally available at the end of May 2011. Join us for a webinar on May 5th for more information on the Informatica Cloud Summer 2011 release, including a demonstration of the latest features.
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world turn to Informatica to gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. Worldwide, over 4,350 enterprises rely on Informatica for data integration and data quality solutions to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud.
For more information visit www.informatica.com.
Latest posts by CloudBuzz (see all)
- Webinar: Is Operations Manager Still Relevant In The World Of The Cloud? - June 26, 2015
- Google Cloud Source Repository - June 25, 2015
- Tech Company Finds Stolen Government Log-ins All Over Web - June 24, 2015