Xerox and Cisco to Form Cloud Computing Service Alliance
Market leaders plan to join forces to bring new revenue opportunities to channel partners; simplify and connect infrastructure for the enterprise
LAS VEGAS, May 9, 2011 – Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) and Cisco announced today that they intend to form an alliance to simplify IT management by delivering cloud-based services and technology solutions that combine network intelligence and print.
The alliance plans to bring Xerox’s market-leading managed print and cloud IT outsourcing (ITO) services to customers over Cisco’s intelligent network infrastructure. Both companies will arm channel partners with solutions that help businesses extend their existing IT investments to improve performance and reduce cost.
Through this alliance, Xerox and Cisco plan to make IT applications more accessible and improve efficiency for the workforce with solutions, such as mobile printing – the ability to print from any device, anytime, anywhere.
“This relationship puts Xerox and Cisco at the center of a simplified, connected infrastructure – bringing together networking, printing and cloud services,” said Ursula Burns, chairman and CEO, Xerox. “Together we’re helping businesses transition to the cloud in ways that best suit their operations, and add the services needed to enhance security and productivity for employees.”
Xerox and Cisco are collaborating to deliver the following solutions:
- Xerox Managed Print Services (MPS) over Cisco Borderless Networks consolidates IT and print management using the network’s embedded security, WAN optimization, and Internetwork Operating System (IOS) software. The combined solution monitors print technology and reduces operating costs, protects confidential data from any location, and improves employee productivity with advanced mobile and cloud printing applications.
- Xerox Cloud ITO Services built on Cisco UCS and Vblock infrastructure help customers accelerate the rollout of new IT services, so they can better respond to changing needs of the workforce and reduce IT costs through a private cloud, the public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment. These cloud services from ACS, A Xerox Company include infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), cloud consulting services, and private cloud deployments.
- Xerox Mobile Print Solution on Cisco virtual desktops clients and Cisco Cius™ allows mobile workers to securely print business documents from any email-enabled device – including Cisco virtual desktops clients and Cisco Cius business tablets – to any enabled printer, using Cisco Borderless Networks and Wireless LAN solutions for reliable and seamless connectivity from any location.
“Aligning Cisco and Xerox cloud offerings brings the power of intelligent networking to printing and helps our mutual customers drive innovation across their businesses and become more agile and reduce costs. This strategic alliance also creates a tremendous opportunity for channel partners to grow revenue by building cloud practices,” said John Chambers, chairman and CEO, Cisco.
Today, Xerox and Cisco are working with channel partners so they can resell, deliver and manage Xerox private and public cloud services on Cisco’s Data Center and Borderless Network architectures. These services, including IaaS, private cloud environments, and MPS, have been released for limited availability to Cisco channel partners. The alliance intends to provide Cisco channel partners with new ways to reduce costs and track print usage for customers, while Xerox channel partners can take advantage of Cisco Smart Services, such as Cisco Smart Care, to support customers’ network solutions. Xerox Mobile Print can be access from Cisco virtual desktop clients and Cius when they are generally available.
Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Through ACS, A Xerox Company, which Xerox acquired in February 2010, Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The 134,000 people of Xerox serve clients in more than 160 countries.
For more information, visit http://www.xerox.com,
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com.
For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
Latest posts by CloudTweaks (see all)
- The Lighter Side Of The Cloud – The Couch Potato - July 31, 2015
- How To Avoid An IT Culture Clash - July 27, 2015
- CLOUD AGGREGATION IS INEVITABLE: The Shift From Digital Disruption To Digital Enabler - July 27, 2015