BOSTON – June 15, 2010 – Carbonite Inc., a leading provider of online backup solutions which provide customers with “anytime, anywhere access” to their stored files, today announced the availability of Carbonite Business for small and medium sized businesses, or SMBs. Carbonite Business specifically addresses the backup requirements, budgets, security and accessibility needs of SMBs, while extending the company’s commitment to simple, automatic, affordable and secure online backup solutions.
“Small business owners are increasingly aware of the importance of backing up their business data,” said Carbonite CEO and co-founder David Friend. “Our market research has indicated that they would choose an automatic, cloud-based solution if it were affordable, so we built Carbonite Business specifically to address those needs.”
Carbonite’s small business solutions are tailored to meet the needs of two distinct small business groups – smaller offices with multiple computers and larger offices that also require server backup. Both offerings provide unparalleled value compared to competing online solutions. Carbonite Business backs up an unlimited number of computers for a flat fee of $229 per year (with 250GB of storage included). Carbonite Business Premier backs up an unlimited number of computers and servers (with 500GB of storage included) for just $599 per year. Businesses can easily add supplemental storage packs as their backup needs grow.
Both solutions include:
- Secure, offsite backup for an unlimited number of computers
- Continual automatic or scheduled backups
- External hard-drive backup
- Anytime, Anywhere Access to stored files from virtually any internet-connected device
- Premium US-based customer support via online chat, email or phone (8 a.m. – 12 a.m. EST)
- File encryption during backup and storage
- Support for Windows and Mac desktops and laptops
Carbonite Business and Business Premier also feature free Valet Setup and Rapid Recovery services. Valet Setup enables a Carbonite representative to remotely install the application on a customer’s computers, and to ensure that the initial backup is running properly. Rapid Recovery is a suite of services designed to simplify and accelerate the restore process via an interactive restore wizard, free phone support and a recovery hard drive restore via express courier option.
Carbonite Business Premier also includes Windows file server backup and additional storage space.
Carbonite is a leading provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small to medium sized businesses. More than 1 million subscribers in over 100 countries rely on Carbonite to provide easy-to-use, affordable, unlimited and secure online backup solutions with anytime, anywhere data access. Carbonite’s online backup solution runs on both the Windows and Mac platforms. The company has backed up more than 100 billion files, restored more than 7 billion files and currently backs up more than 200 million files each day.
For more information, please visit www.carbonite.com
- Is Your Office 365 Data Properly Protected? - November 25, 2015
- Cloud Computing – The Game Changer - November 19, 2015
- Banking On Recurring Revenue In The Cloud - November 18, 2015
- Juniper Research: Top Ten Tech Predictions For 2016 - November 16, 2015
- On-Premise VoIP vs The Cloud - November 16, 2015