Enterprises Report Security Lapse with their Cloud Provider

Popularity of cloud computing is on the rise but most enterprises face apprehension over adopting cloud computing.

About 43 percent of enterprise IT decision makers experienced a security lapse or issue with their cloud provider within the last 12 months, according to a newly released global cloud security survey by Trend Micro. More than 10 percent of those surveyed said they have cloud computing projects in production, and about half of the respondents reported that they are either implementing or piloting new cloud applications.

Trend Micro is a global cloud security specialist that is focused on creating a world safe for exchanging digital information with its Internet content security and threat management solutions for businesses and consumers

For this global survey, the company questioned 1200 IT decision makers from U.S., UK, Germany, India, Canada and Japan.

An overwhelming 93 percent of the respondents said they are currently working with at least one of the cloud services but remaining 7 percent has no plans to deploy any cloud computing service.

Based on our data, we see about 5 times more cloud applications coming online in the next few years, yet 43 percent of existing cloud users had a security incident last year. On top of that, some respondents didn’t even know they were using the cloud, much less securing it,” said Dave Asprey, vice president of cloud security, Trend Micro. “Given that many cloud service providers do not adequately add IT resources to security, the reality is that securing your cloud environment is not an option, it’s a necessity.”

In the past, security concerns were the primary inhibitors to cloud adoption. Now, performance and availability have equal influence over IT decision makers. As we witnessed in recent data breach incidents, everything is linked – poor security causes downtime, as well as bad performance,” added Asprey.

By Anuradha Shukla

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.

5 Ways The Internet of Things Will Drive Cloud Growth

5 Ways The Internet of Things Will Drive Cloud Growth

5 Ways The Internet of Things Will Drive Cloud Growth The Internet of Things is the latest term to describe the interconnectivity of all our devices and home appliances. The goal of the internet of things is to create universal applications that are connected to all of the lights, TVs, door locks, air conditioning, and…

IBM and SAP Announce Industry’s Largest Cloud Deal

IBM and SAP Announce Industry’s Largest Cloud Deal

IBM and SAP Announce Industry’s Largest Cloud Deal IBM and SAP have shaken the cloud computing world this afternoon with the announcement of one of the largest cloud deals in the industry’s history – bringing together two of the largest technology companies in a bid to offer a more holistic service to their clients. SAP…

Cloud Infographic – Cloud Fast Facts

Cloud Infographic – Cloud Fast Facts

Cloud Infographic – Cloud Fast Facts It’s no secret that Cloud Computing is more than just a buzz term as that ship has sailed off a long time ago. More and more companies are adopting the uses and benefits of cloud computing while aggressively factoring cloud services spending into their budget. Included is an excellent…

Cloud Computing Offers Key Benefits For Small, Medium Businesses

Cloud Computing Offers Key Benefits For Small, Medium Businesses

A growing number of small and medium businesses in the United States rely on as a means of deploying mission-critical software products. Prior to the advent of cloud-based products — software solutions delivered over the Internet – companies were often forced to invest in servers and other products to run software and store data. The…

Cloud Computing Adoption Continues

Cloud Computing Adoption Continues

Cloud Computing Adoption Continues Nowadays, many companies are changing their overall information technology strategies to embrace cloud computing in order to open up business opportunities.  There are numerous definitions of cloud computing. Simply speaking, the term “cloud computing” comes from network diagrams in which cloud shapes are  used to describe certain types of networks. All…

CONNECT TO THE CLOUD

 

Cloud Logo Sponsors

hp Logo CityCloud-PoweredByOpenstack-Bluesquare_logo_100x100-01
cisco_logo_100x100 vmware citrix100
Site 24x7


Contributor Spotlight

Established in 2009, CloudTweaks is recognized as one of the leading influencers in cloud computing, big data and internet of things (IoT) information. Our goal is to continue to build our growing information portal, by providing the best in-depth articles, interviews, event listings, whitepapers, infographics and much more.

Contact

CloudTweaks Media
Phone: 1 (212) 763-0021

Branded Content Programs

Advertising