Wyse Introduces Version 2.1 of PocketCloud for iOS
Global Cloud Client Computing specialist Wyse Technology is elevating the iPad experience by introducing version 2.1 of its free PocketCloud for iOS application.
Featuring a tablet-optimized interface, PocketCloud 2.1 leverages the larger screen and also improves performance for all devices.
PocketCloud provides a high quality remote access experience on iOS devices and the company claims it has reached a milestone of more than one million total downloads across iOS and Android devices.
Because version 2.1 adds the optional PocketCloud Premium subscription service to the free app, customers can easily download, print, and email files, as well as stream videos and music from their home or work computers on-the-go.
Elaborating more on the new version, Wyse says that version 2.1 includes a split-screen view while setting up and choosing the computer for user’s remote connection. A new setup wizard makes getting connected even simpler and faster. Thanks to PocketCloud 2.1, users can add the PocketCloud Premium subscription service through an easy in-app purchase.
By paying $1 a month, users can stream video and music from their home or work computers directly to their iPhone or iPad over 3G and Wi-Fi.
This subscription service also includes a file browser, and this means users can quickly search for files on a remote computer and transfer them to an iPhone or iPad a snap.
“PocketCloud version 2.1 represents our dedication to providing the most features to our users at a price that anyone can afford,” said Daniel Barreto, general manager of the Mobile Business Unit at Wyse Technology. “The introduction of PocketCloud Premium subscription service gives all our free app users access to the same great features our business users have come to expect.”
By Anuradha Shukla
- Cloud Security Alliance Big Data Working Group Releases ‘100 Best Practices in Big Data’ Report - August 26, 2016
- Pitney Bowes Selects Aria Systems for Billing on the New Commerce Cloud - August 23, 2016
- RTI Presents “Fog Computing Is the Future of the Industrial IoT” Complimentary Webinar - August 22, 2016
- Uber To Take Legal Action Against Transport Authority in London - August 17, 2016
- $150M Investment Into Velodyne LiDAR From Ford Motor And Baidu - August 16, 2016