Cloud File Sharing Service Min.us has acquired the domain name ‘Minus.com’ $115,000
Minus is a cloud-based, out of the box, straight-forward file sharing platform which allows the users to upload and share photos, music, videos, PDFs and more… The site is focused on making everything simple and naturally convenient for the users. The site looks, sounds, interacts and then impresses and stands out ahead of others in its own simple, intuitive way. In the background, the minus is powered by Amazon’s latest, high-end EC2 and S3 cloud storage services. Read our full review
John Xie Co-founder of Minus had contacted us over the weekend and here are some of the new updates and developments in place:
Minus.com has setup a new location in New York City midtown and now actively hiring,
Some significant improvements made to the file sharing platform.
– brand new Android app
– brand new Desktop app for Windows/Mac/Linux
– brand new Firefox 6 + Chrome 12 extension
– Improved UI for Minus.com main web interface and better profiles on minus.com
From the Minus blog:
Since our launch nearly a year ago, our focus has been on simplicity and minimalism – we just don’t believe sharing files online needs to be complicated, and our many thousands of loyal users seem to agree (thank you!). This focus on minimalism was the spirit behind our choice of domain name, Min.us.
But as we have grown, it’s become apparent that some of our users find the .us top level domain to be confusing. As we brand our service with the Minus name, we want to be as accessible as possible to all users and make it easy for users to find us.
So today we are excited to announce that we have acquired the Minus.com name, and we will use that as our primary domain name going forward.
Given that Minus is used widely to share content on Twitter and social media sites – where every character counts – we are going to continue to use Min.us for links to shortlinks for user galleries, files, photos and more. All existing links will work and redirect properly, but Minus.com will now serve as the default domain. If Min.us is your preferred URL, nothing will change for you.
Today’s change marks the beginning of some exciting developments for Minus. There’s a lot of work to be done, but we’re excited to start this new chapter with all of our users. Thank you for your continued loyalty, and please, continue to give us your feedback. We rely on it to make our service better.
- The Internet of Everything: Why The IoT Will Take Over Every Industry - April 29, 2016
- Make Your Smart Device Even Smarter By Answering These 4 Questions - April 20, 2016
- Infographic: How Wearables Are Revolutionizing Health Care Services - April 11, 2016
- How the Internet of Things will change your life - April 7, 2016
- Mondo Report: The Top 5 Cloud Positions/Skills In Highest Demand - April 5, 2016