Escaping The Mainframe Trap
“Over the next four years, almost half of all CIOs expect to operate the majority of their applications and infrastructures via cloud technologies. This change requires that CIOs reimagine IT and lead it through a process of ‘creative destruction’.”
Source: Reimagining IT: The 2011 CIO Agenda, Gartner, January 1, 2011.
This white paper explores the different strategies available to CIOs – highlighting the cost-effective steps available to address core challenges.
Remaining constrained by the mainframe threatens to hold back a company’s commercial progress. Growing business needs demand more productivity and performance from IT, while economic pressures put the focus on reducing costs. As the costs associated with maintaining and enhancing the mainframe grow, and it becomes more difficult to retain a workforce with mainframe skills, CIOs are, understandably, looking for ways to escape the mainframe trap. From rewriting and replacing applications with a package, to the low-cost, low-risk approach of reusing the same, valuable applications on alternative platforms.
The white paper highlights the cost-effective steps available to address core challenges. Illustrated by real-world scenarios, it identifies the value of: Application migration – releasing applications from mainframe constraints
- Rehosting mainframe development – to increase productivity by as much as 40%
- Rehosting mainframe testing – to improve product quality and reduce rework
- Is Your Office 365 Data Properly Protected? - November 25, 2015
- Cloud Computing – The Game Changer - November 19, 2015
- Banking On Recurring Revenue In The Cloud - November 18, 2015
- Juniper Research: Top Ten Tech Predictions For 2016 - November 16, 2015
- On-Premise VoIP vs The Cloud - November 16, 2015