NEC Secures Business with Android Based Cloud
NEC Corporation is securing businesses with two new products “LifeTouchNOTE Business Model” and the “LifeTouch Security Pack Model.”
The launch of two new business-use models of NEC’s Android based “LifeTouch” Cloud Communicator series has begun shipping in Japan from today August 26, 2011.
NEC specializes in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. The company is providing for a range of business needs with an elevated level of security with these new additions to the LifeTouch series.
The newly released terminals leverage a variety of business friendly functions such as remote access that enables creation of email, schedules and company documents in an easy manner.
The flow of information as a result of this capability enables convenient management of retail stores, factories, production lines and inspections.
The new Android based Cloud Communicator Terminals feature the Android operating system, and include NEC’s proprietary security features.
The company notes that in addition to preventing information leaks, its security features prevent fraudulent use and also enable users to remotely and safely access company networks.
Earlier this year, NEC Corporation introduced a tool that enables organizations to directly implement communication-as-a service delivery models as part of their private or hybrid clouds.
The company is offering UNIVERGE Sphericall as a VMware software-based virtual appliance that allows Cloud Service providers to deliver high-availability, scalable communication-as-a-service solutions in the cloud.
The offering also enables Unified communications functions such as VoIP, conferencing, IM, and Presence, to be deployed alongside other virtualized business applications in businesses’ NEC and VMware software-based private or hybrid cloud.
By Anuradha Shukla
- Ground Breaking: 1.3 Megawatt Solar System for Comprehensive Blood and Cancer Center - October 20, 2016
- Politics 2.0: The Age of Cyber-Political Warfare - October 20, 2016
- Infographic: Report Finds Public Wi-Fi Usage Trumps Security Concerns - October 19, 2016
- IBM Redefines Security, Availability and Economics of Storing Data in the Hybrid Cloud - October 13, 2016
- Shadow IT and Infrequent Audits Open Door to Data Security Vulnerabilities in the Cloud - October 12, 2016