8×8 Acquires Cloud Call Center Services Provider Contactual
Headquartered in Redwood City, California, Contactual provides small businesses and enterprise departments with an efficient way to improve customer satisfaction while lowering costs. The company has been acquired for 6,700,000 shares of unregistered 8×8 common stock on September 15, 2011. The companies note that this share amount was reduced at closing by 215,100 shares as 8×8 agreed to pay statutory tax withholding on behalf of five former executives of Contactual, Inc.
This strategic move is expected to broaden 8×8’s technological expertise and service offerings in the hosted SaaS (Software as a Service) call center market. Acquisition of Contactual also brings in house the only major software technology of 8×8’s service offerings that was not owned and developed by 8×8.
“Together, 8×8 and Contactual become a formidable competitor in the customer interaction management and contact center space,” said 8×8 chairman & CEO Bryan Martin. “With our combined resources, longevity in the market and proven solution, we are in a unique and powerful position to quickly and effectively meet the needs of the growing number of businesses seeking non-premise, cloud-based call center services.”
Contactual and 8×8 have shared a business relationship since 2007. 8×8 has been reselling the Contactual contact center technology since then and has now made a strategic investment to advance its mission of becoming the industry’s premier provider of broad-based cloud communications and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) solutions.
8×8 is a pioneer in the development of cloud-based VoIP, video, mobile, and unified communications solutions. The company was in news last month for appointing Vance Raeside to lead Federal Government cloud-based sales initiative.
By Anuradha Shukla
- Samsung Electronics Considering Split - November 28, 2016
- Automotive Embedded Electronics Expert Vector Delivers New Service Offering Via City Cloud - November 23, 2016
- Druva Simplifies Accessibility of Infrastructure Data Protection on AWS Marketplace - November 22, 2016
- Alibaba Cloud Stretches Global Reach With Four New Facilities - November 21, 2016
- Accelerite Announces CloudPlatform Integration with Docker Containers at ApacheCon 2016 - November 16, 2016