2015 Advertising Opportunities - Find Out More!
Case Study: Cloud Computing Competence Development
ING’s IT Strategy
ING set out a cloud strategy that had the potential for substantial savings in cost while also providing for greater control of IT infrastructure, newer technology, improved stability, and a more agile organization.
However, ING understood that the roles of IT professionals change as a result of adopting a different concept for managing IT services (the cloud), and that cloud has an impact on the people who work in the IT organization.
In order to prepare ING’s IT organization for the future and to manage this transition successfully, ING realized that it is essential to take the people along and prepare them for the journey. ING adopted an approach whereby they skilled their staff to gain an understanding of the key principles of virtualization and cloud computing, ensuring that the workforce has the right skill set and competencies to enable the organization to support the following transformational objectives with respect to the cloud:
- Transform the competencies of the IT workforce from working in a “traditional” IT department to working in a next generation service provider.
- Achieve best-in-class cost ratio as the technology service provider of choice.
- Reduce the risk and complexity inherent in a fragmented data strategy.
- Virtualize to modern, future-proof platforms.
- Build a cloud operating model.
Latest posts by CloudTweaks (see all)
- Cloud Infographic – How Much Do You Really Know About The Cloud? - January 23, 2015
- Big Data, Big Business: Top 100 Heavy Hitters in Big Data - January 23, 2015
- Microsoft HoloLens Could Be an Augmented Reality Game-Changer - January 22, 2015