Latisys Scales Cloud Services with F5 Networks
F5 VIPRION Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs) will serve as the foundation of private cloud and managed hosting solutions for IT outsourcing provider Latisys. F5 Networks, the global specialist in Application Delivery Networking, will help Latisys to enhance its high-availability enterprise-grade managed services offering through this alliance.
Customers can leverage Latisys cloud services to significantly expand their IT infrastructures in order to address sudden increases in demand for computing resources while benefiting from a highly secure, fully redundant platform.
“Serving both enterprises and carriers, we need to ensure that our private cloud resources scale reliably,” said Christian Teeft, VP of Engineering at Latisys. “F5’s VIPRION is a high-performance, cost-effective solution that delivers the on-demand resource provisioning we require.”
“We’re thrilled that Latisys is counting on VIPRION and BIG-IP technology to differentiate its new private cloud services,” said Jason Needham, sr. director of Product Management at F5. “The cloud deployment model is based on the premise of improving IT agility, reliability, and cost-efficiency. With the flexibility and advanced technology that F5 solutions provide, Latisys will be able to scale dynamically to meet customer demand and isolate virtual ADCs to provide each customer with the control they need.”
VIPRION is a chassis-based hardware platform with high-performance modular blades. The platform enables Latisys to scale on demand and deliver higher levels of throughput and transactions per second without adding more devices. Clients no longer have to disrupt users or applications, or challenged by increased management costs. The decision to select VIPRION 2400 was made after extensive evaluation of other vendors in the market, according to F5 Networks.
The company claims that this mid-range platform allows Latisys to intelligently manage CapEx and OpEx while delivering a true pay-as-you-go deployment model for its customers.
By Anuradha Shukla
- The Annual Compliance & Ethics Institute: Hot Topics – Cyber Security, Big Data, Privacy Breach Response - August 30, 2016
- IBM and VMware Expand Partnership to Enable Easy Hybrid Cloud Adoption - August 29, 2016
- Cloud Security Alliance Big Data Working Group Releases ‘100 Best Practices in Big Data’ Report - August 26, 2016
- Pitney Bowes Selects Aria Systems for Billing on the New Commerce Cloud - August 23, 2016
- RTI Presents “Fog Computing Is the Future of the Industrial IoT” Complimentary Webinar - August 22, 2016