Oracle Acquires RightNow Technologies for $1.5 Billion
Adds Leading Customer Service Cloud Offering to Oracle’s Public Cloud
The Board of Directors of RightNow Technologies has unanimously approved the transaction. The transaction is expected to close by late 2011 or early 2012, subject to RightNow stockholder approval, certain regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.
“Oracle is moving aggressively to offer customers a full range of Cloud Solutions including sales force automation, human resources, talent management, social networking, databases and Java as part of the Oracle Public Cloud,” said Thomas Kurian, Executive Vice President, Oracle Development. “RightNow’s leading customer service cloud is a very important addition to Oracle’s Public Cloud.”
“RightNow’s products add leading customer experience capabilities that help empower companies to interact with and provide a consistent experience to customers across channels,” said Greg Gianforte, CEO, RightNow. “We look forward to combining our complementary capabilities along with maintaining and expanding our presence in Bozeman, Montana in order to better service our customers.”
More information on this announcement can be found at http://www.oracle.com/rightnow.
- How Identity Governance Can Secure The Cloud Enterprise - August 25, 2016
- Significant Emerging Technologies To Lookout For In 2017 - August 25, 2016
- In The Fast Lane: Connected Car Hacking A Big Risk - August 24, 2016
- Having Your Cybersecurity And Eating It Too - August 24, 2016
- The Golden Age of Wearable Technology - August 23, 2016