Socialbomb Works with Riverbed in the Cloud to KeepTV Fan Base Engaged Online
Socialbomb offers leading brands practical and logistical support to help ensure that their socialmedia campaigns are both innovative and well maintained. Riverbed® was appointed to ensurethat Socialbomb’s advanced social network projects remained online, with detailed reporting on traffic peaks.
“Socialbomb joins blu-ray players with Facebook and Twitter accounts, allowing viewers to sharescenes from their favorite shows with fellow fans and friends just by pressing the remote’s redbutton,” explains Adam Simon, co-founder and CCO at Socialbomb.
“We chose Riverbed to help manageresources across traffic-heavy projectsthat would be subject to large amountsof viewer interaction. As a developerledorganization, Riverbed was a naturalfit for us because of its cloud-basedinfrastructure and integration with Joyent’s SmartMachines.”
Socialbomb’s blu-ray campaigns became extremely popular with users, with anumber of functionalities bringing awealth of traffic to their applications. One such functionality involves transforming fans’ profile pictures on Facebook, so that users’ avatars depict their favorite characters. Furthermore, theuse of virtual gifts has also been a success, with users earning gifts for watching certain types ofscenes or performing actions at certain times.
The company’s IT infrastructure now reacts quickly to traffic spikes, application downtime has been eliminated, and metrics and logging capabilities built into the software help manage campaigns.
Riverbed takes up the Socialbomb challenge…
- The FTC, Data Privacy and Facebook - August 31, 2016
- The Annual Compliance & Ethics Institute: Hot Topics – Cyber Security, Big Data, Privacy Breach Response - August 30, 2016
- IBM and VMware Expand Partnership to Enable Easy Hybrid Cloud Adoption - August 29, 2016
- Cloud Security Alliance Big Data Working Group Releases ‘100 Best Practices in Big Data’ Report - August 26, 2016
- Pitney Bowes Selects Aria Systems for Billing on the New Commerce Cloud - August 23, 2016