HP Named a Leader in Magic Quadrant for Midrange and High-end Modular Disk Arrays
PALO ALTO, Calif., Dec. 5, 2011 – HP today announced it has been named a “leader” in the latest Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Midrange and High-End Modular Disk Arrays.”
An independent provider of IT and research advice, Gartner’s latest Magic Quadrant for Midrange and High-End Modular Disk Arrays assessed technology providers on their “ability to execute” and “completeness of vision.”
“Clients are increasingly turning to HP Storage to optimize traditional IT and to evolve to new cloud models,” said David Scott, senior vice president and general manager, Storage, HP. “We believe Gartner’s recognition of HP as a leader in ‘completeness of vision’ affirms continued investment in our established storage platforms such as the EVA, while we also nurture our vision of HP Converged Storage ubiquitously servicing IT with products like our 3PAR and LeftHand Storage Systems.”
This year’s Gartner Midrange and High-End Modular Disk Arrays included the following HP Storage solutions:
- HP 3PAR Storage Systems – next-generation, tier-one utility storage built for IT as a Service and designed for virtualization and the cloud. The recently introduced HP P10000 3PAR Storage Systems include powerful features for the delivery of enterprise IT within public and private clouds. HP 3PAR Storage Systems support HP Peer Motion storage federation software that enables clients to transparently move application workloads between disk systems in virtualized and cloud computing environments.
- HP LeftHand Storage Systems – designed for environments with a variety of virtual servers, client virtualization, database, email and business applications. Built on industry-standard HP ProLiant and HP BladeSystem hardware and based on HP scale-out software and converged management.
- HP Enterprise Virtual Array (EVA) Storage Systems – with an installed base of more than 100,000 units across thousands of data centers, the latest generation of EVA offers a proven solution for mid- to large-size companies that need enterprise storage features on a modest budget.
HP 3PAR and HP LeftHand Storage Systems are key elements of the HP Converged Storage architecture, which was designed to fundamentally change how data is accessed by integrating scale-out storage software with converged server and storage hardware platforms.
Designed to overcome the systemic failures of siloed storage designs, HP Converged Storage helps customers simplify IT and improve agility as well as efficiency in the face of unpredictable application workloads and the explosive growth of big data content.
HP Converged Storage is part of HP Converged Infrastructure, which is a core element of an Instant-On Enterprise. In a world of continuous connectivity, the Instant-On Enterprise embeds technology in everything it does to serve customers, employees, partners and citizens with everything they need, instantly.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems.
Latest posts by CloudTweaks (see all)
- Cloud Infographic – Top Vulnerable Applications - May 22, 2015
- The Storytelling Machine: Big Content and Big Data - May 20, 2015
- 10 Prototyping Tools To Help Build Your Startup - May 20, 2015