Infographic: What’s Driving Investment In Cloud Computing?
Reducing the cost of infrastructure and flexibility were the top two reasons for investing in cloud (67% and 54% of respondents respectively). Both drivers reflect the current economic climate and the fact that most IT departments are currently focused on meeting short-term goals. So there’s scope to convince organisations of the long-term benefits that cloud can bring to a company.
Almost 40% of small and medium-size companies rated business continuity and disaster recovery (BC&DR) as a top-three driver, compared with just 15% of large companies — reflecting the fact that it’s harder for smaller organisations to provide that capability in house.
- Data Sharing: A Matter of Transparency and Control - October 23, 2016
- The Five Rules of Security and Compliance in the Public Cloud Era - October 18, 2016
- 5 Ways Cloud-based Tools Can Help Accountants Escape The IT Treadmill - October 17, 2016
- RCS In Emerging Markets Means A Step Forward For Cloud Computing - October 10, 2016
- Cloud Native Trends Picking Up – Legacy Security Losing Ground - October 6, 2016