Big Data And Mobile Communications
Turn Big Data into Big Opportunity
Mobile communications continues to evolve at breakneck speed within the telecommunications industry. As competition increases, organizations need to focus on ensuring the best possible customer experience while managing costs related to maintenance and improvement of the network, and a burgeoning portfolio of third-party content and interconnected partners. Mobile data traffic congestion, increases in signalling traffic from the explosion of always-on smartphones, and an inability to proactively invest in timely network optimization, can lead to customer churn and missed marketing and revenue opportunities.
Huge volumes of structured and unstructured data are amassed on a daily basis from the network, customer usage, revenue interactions with customers and business partners, and a host of other operational and business support systems. The telecom industry has entered the world of big data in a big way, and there is no more looking back.
Big data represents a potential gold mine for those looking to gain better insight into customer relationships and operations, and innovate in an increasingly competitive industry.
Infographic Source: Rackspace
- Cloud Providers Should Welcome End Users’ Scrutiny on Security Practices - February 9, 2016
- The Effects Of Cloud On Data Center Design & Consolidation - February 8, 2016
- MIT’s Eyeriss Chip – Deep Learning Possibilities For Mobile - February 8, 2016
- Smart Wearables – Too Much Connectivity? - February 4, 2016
- Microsoft Underwater Data Center To Be Tested - February 1, 2016