Free Web Event: “Hitting a Home Run in the Cloud”
Scaling for massive traffic is no game for top sports news site.
Date: May 16, 2012 Time: 10:00 am PST/1:00 pm EST
If there’s such a thing as a perfect sports season, we’re in the middle of it right now. From the NBA and NHL playoffs to baseball season and then the Olympics, it’s a great time for sports fans. But for anyone on the IT side supporting this huge fanbase, it can be a challenging stretch. Sports news site, BleacherReport.com knows this story well. It provides up to the minute information on all these events to millions of users, and increasingly to their mobile devices.
To meet traffic demands and quickly route around hot spots, its operations room has giant screens for continuous performance monitoring and management. But still, cloud application performance can be a dicey game with so many variables to consider. This webinar digs into the challenges of web application performance management and how BleacherReport.com is meeting its self-imposed goal of 99% uptime to its fanbase.
What Will Be Discussed
- What are the most common performance challenges BleacherReport.com encounters and how does it navigate them?
- Find out how it scales its infrastructure dynamically for peaks and valleys in traffic.
- Learn about the cloud application performance tools BleacherReport.com relies on.
- Hear how BleacherReport.com is preparing for the Olympics.
- Live Q&A gives attendees a unique opportunity to ask BleacherReport.com questions about web application performance.
Latest posts by cloudtweaks (see all)
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases New Big Data Taxonomy Report - September 18, 2014
- Cloud Infographic – NASA Furthering Technology Innovation - September 17, 2014
- Aerospike Expands Access To Next-Generation NoSQL Database With Startup Special And Trade-In Program - September 16, 2014