5 Cloud Performance Monitoring Tools
Because of the prevalence of cloud computing applications and the move from networked application services to the cloud, there is now a need for new monitoring tools and services since network monitoring tools will no longer suffice. Cloud monitoring can simply refer to the monitoring of the physical as well as the virtual servers, the data and resources they share, the applications that they are servicing, as well as their overall performance. Cloud monitoring tools can aggregate data and provide visual patterns that may otherwise be hard to identify and be completely missed without such tools. Cloud monitoring is the best way for an organization to administer its cloud resources and keep its cloud environments operating at maximum efficiency.
Tools of the Trade
Here are five cloud monitoring tools without a specific order or classification:
1. Zenoss Cloud Monitoring: This tool made by Zenoss monitors public, private, or hybrid cloud environments with a unified visibility and provides real-time awareness of the entire infrastructure. Zenoss ensures relevance through a model-driven cloud operations management system which maintains a comprehensive model of every device’s hardware, software and network relations which then makes use of that model to ensure that the right monitoring service and policies are implemented on that device.
2. RevealCloud: is a server health and performance monitoring tool provided by CopperEgg. It provides broad visibility across both private and public cloud environments that organizations may have. It uses cross-correlation analytics which help operation teams to quickly find and isolate root causes of problems and issues in the cloud, it is designed to be used in the server side. RevealCloud provides the following functions:
a. Analytics, visibility and alarms which notify administrators visually when problems are detected.
b. It provides real-time measurements, monitoring server performance every 5 seconds.
c. It also provides OS, System, and process monitoring
3. RevealUptime: is another solution from CopperEgg which is best paired with RevealCloud to provide correlated data between end user experience measurements provided by ReevalUptime and server health status data from RevealCloud. This allows administrators to better understand what their users are experiencing as well as the reason for that experience in relation to the cloud and servers.
4. Gomez APM: Compuware’s Gomez Application Performance Management (APM) provides a holistic approach to cloud monitoring of application performance along the whole delivery chain. The tool provides detailed information on the root cause of problems and how much impact it has on the entire system and business. This allows IT teams to home in on the problems fast and prioritize the critical ones. The main feature of this APM is its fault domain isolation which determines the area at fault whether it is the ISP or the internet connection itself, a third party provider, the data center, or even the user-end browser or device.
5. Rackspace Cloud Monitoring: Unfortunately, this is only for those people or organizations that use Rackspace. It is an API driven monitoring system which allows administrators to use or create APIs depending on their needs which can send notifications to any device including mobile devices. This allows administrators to be on top of their Rackspace-hosted infrastructure which includes websites, protocols, and ports.
Because of multiple vendors that offer different cloud services, there are bound to be some incompatibilities that arise between them. So it would be important to choose a monitoring tool that works best for you and the cloud infrastructure and provider that you are using. Though the companies that provide those monitoring tools do not say which vendors they are most or least compatible with, they offer free trials for customers which allow you to judge if the tool is right for your infrastructure and needs.
By Abdul Salam
- Tesla Solar Plan Would Cost Billions To Implement - July 27, 2016
- Investing In The Future With The Introduction of Sage Cloud - July 26, 2016
- Martech In A Content Crazed World - July 25, 2016
- Verizon To Acquire Yahoo For $4.83 Billion - July 25, 2016
- Cloud Business Boosts Microsoft’s Quarterly Revenue, Shares Rise - July 20, 2016