Cloud Computing, Data Center Consolidation and Alternative Acquisition Models Top Discussion Topics at the First Brocade Federal Forum
WASHINGTON, DC–(Marketwire – Aug 21, 2012) – Today marks the first day of the 2012 Brocade Federal Forum, which will provide an opportunity for Federal IT professionals, technology partners, systems integrators and industry luminaries to further explore and discuss key IT challenges and opportunities for the US Federal government. The two-day event is being hosted by Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD), a leading provider of innovative solutions for the world’s most demanding service provider, data center and campus networks.
The forum is designed to help Federal agencies that are facing significant IT challenges and opportunities, including new mandates to increase efficiencies, maximize existing resources, modernize infrastructure and adopt cloud computing while simultaneously eliminating redundant technologies and processes.
In response to these challenges top-level Brocade executives will share their perspectives on how the government can navigate this new era in networking and leverage the many benefits that result from the changing IT infrastructure.
Specific topics of discussion will include:
- Network transformation
- Cloud mandates
- Data center consolidation
- Evolving acquisition models
“With uncertain budgets, a CIO office focused on modernization and unfunded mandates, US Federal IT professionals are facing one of the most complex IT environments ever,” said Anthony Robbins, vice president of federal sales, Brocade. “They need as much support as possible to help make the best decisions for their agency.”
The objective of the 2012 Brocade Federal Forum is to extend the discussion from stated challenges to specific implementation examples, complete with common pitfalls and projected cost models. During the forum, speakers will outline state-of-the-art solutions and how they complement the legacy environments in which most Federal IT professionals currently work.
immixGroup is the Platinum Sponsor of the 2012 Brocade Federal Forum. Since 1997, immixGroup has helped hundreds of large and emerging companies grow and manage their public sector business while providing its government customers with reliable access to leading commercial technologies through the contract vehicles and partners they prefer.
Other sponsors include: Arrow, Avnet, Tech Data, Westcon, HDS, NetApp, PacStar and CDW-G.
Speakers at this forum will include:
- Ron Broersma, Chief Engineer, Defense Research and Engineering Network (DREN)
- Shawn McCarthy, Government Insights Research Director, IDC
- Charles McClam, Deputy CIO, USDA
- Jason Miller, Executive Editor, WFED Federal News Radio
- Tim Schmidt, CIO, Department of Transportation
- Rick Howard, Research Director, Gartner
- Simon Szykman, CIO, Department of Commerce
Additional Resources and Forum Content
- Visit the Agenda page for a full list of sessions.
- Follow Brocade on Twitter at @BRCDcomm or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/brocade or join the LinkedIn Group: Brocade Federal.
- Follow the conversation at #BrocadeFederal
Social Media Tags: Brocade, Federal Forum, #BrocadeFederal, cloud computing, virtualization, data center
Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) networking solutions help the world’s leading organizations transition smoothly to a world where applications and information reside anywhere. (www.brocade.com)
Source: Brocade Via Marketwire
Latest posts by CloudTweaks (see all)
- Savvy Businesses Leverage Enterprise Cloud PaaS - April 1, 2015
- The E-Learning Market – Cloud Computing Adoption - March 30, 2015
- Beyond Gaming: Three Practical Applications For Oculus Rift - March 27, 2015