FireHost Expands Its Global Business Continuity Solutions
New DNS hosting options provide better redundancy and security
(Dallas, Texas — Aug. 15, 2012) — FireHost, the leading secure cloud hosting company, today announces new business continuity choices supported by DYN DNS hosting. DNS hosting extends FireHost’s business continuity capabilities beyond high-availability and load balancing solutions. The new business continuity options support clients who require constant uptime and sophisticated failover configurations for their websites or Web applications.
“FireHost has been ahead of the curve with regard to securing a public cloud environment and finding advanced ways to boost performance,” said Jason Rieger, CTO of FireHost. “Now we move ahead again by multiplying our business continuity offerings, helping our customers prep and plan for the unexpected, and keeping their systems and applications online all the time, even when disaster strikes.”
FireHost’s new business continuity solutions, powered by DNS hosting, let customers make proactive choices about distributing Web traffic between 17 different failover facilities that are dispersed across five continents. Customers that require additional control can “layer on” advanced DNS hosting features:
- Active Failover: Automatically routes Internet traffic to available hosting resources in secondary facilities if a physical disruption to the primary hosting infrastructure occurs. The re-routing is pre-configured via rule sets ensuring a seamless experience for end users.
- Traffic Management: Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) lets FireHost distribute application load between global data centers, multiple cloud hosting infrastructures, or a variety of content delivery network (CDN) providers. Traffic management detects failures and automatically routes Internet traffic to the nearest available physical server, alerts system administrators, and provides high-level stability and availability for Web applications.
- Advanced Traffic Management: Building on Traffic Management, this sophisticated business continuity configuration features regional rule sets with granular geo-traffic management. This allows Web application administrators to pin visitors to the nearest hosting infrastructure for increased speed, performance, and budget controls.
FireHost has an exclusive DNS hosting partnership with Dyn, which provides the secure host with an enterprise-grade, globally diverse IP network, eliminating the worry of extended downtime and management of domain name servers. By participating in such a robust business continuity program, FireHost customers can survive disruptions of any scale, maximize their Web performance and ensure a high quality Web experience for their own end users.
FireHost Secure DNS Hosting options are available immediately.
FireHost is a secure cloud hosting company focused on protecting companies’ sensitive data and brand reputations with an architecture built for security, scalability and performance. Customers with specific compliance or performance needs subscribe to FireHost’s PCI, HIPAA or high traffic solutions, including some of the largest companies in the world as well as many fast growing eCommerce, SaaS and healthcare IT providers. FireHost provides services from Dallas, Phoenix, London and Amsterdam. http://www.firehost.com
Latest posts by CloudTweaks (see all)
- New AlgoSec Survey Reveals Huge Challenge To Unify Security Policy Management - September 30, 2014
- Meeting At Cloud Apps World – Free To Attend - September 30, 2014
- 5 Steps To Achieve Hyper Productivity With Your Digital Apps Development - September 29, 2014