10 Industries That Will Gain
Cloud computing, or ‘cloud’ as it is popularly known as, is the latest trend in the computer world. Everyone is talking about it and everyday new developments are coming in. Cloud computing is like a huge switchboard; when you need a power outlet, just plug in your device; and when you are done, remove it. You do not have to carry a switchboard or an adapter with you everywhere.
Therefore, the switchboard becomes a ‘service’ given to you at a cost or for free (depending on the vendor). Without doubt, cloud computing is here to stay, and more and more industries are joining the vast virtual world. Let us look at ten industries that will gain from adopting the cloud.
1. Education: It is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world. The need and demand of education never goes down. Cloud computing in education opens avenues for better research, discussion, and collaboration. It also provides a software desktop environment, which minimizes hardware problems. Cloud computing also enables classes to be run on remote locations..
2. Marketing Companies: Today’s world is all about marketing and cloud computing takes marketing to a whole new level. The seller can have a marketplace without the need of investing in extra hardware, software, license fees etc.; and the buyer has more options for products.
3. Online Entertainment: Most people come on the internet for entertainment; therefore, cloud computing is the perfect place for reaching to a varied consumer base. Cloud-based entertainment can reach any device be it TV, mobile, set top box, or any other form. Better clarity and sound quality gets cloud entertainer more customers.
4. Healthcare: A better data management makes healthcare a perfect candidate for cloud computing. Both patients and doctors can access medical images, reports, records, and care management advice through cloud computing.
5. Information Technology: The IT industry thrives on information and cloud computing provides the perfect platform for testing of new software and techniques
6. Finance and Banking: As the international market grew so did the need for a more condensed and easier financial reach. Cloud computing eliminates the need for having a separate banking portal and client database for every location. This means faster and better business.
7. Telecommunication: Telecommunication companies can use cloud computing to provide both private and public cloud networks to customers and organisations for domestic and commercial purposes.
8. Hospitality Industry: Many big hotels have moved to cloud computing to get closer to customers. From reservation systems to menus, everything is available across the continents without any extra cost in infrastructure and individual training resources at every location.
9. Start-ups: Cloud computing has come as a boon for many start-ups. Start-ups can be built on cloud computing with little or no investment. A wider and diverse computer base can be easily accessed on the cloud.
10. Security: The computer and IT industry are forever plagued by hackers and other security attacks; therefore, security business will always be very much in demand. Security on cloud computing cuts down the investment cost and also decreases the need of extra space on every system.
By Tim Burg
- The Internet of Everything: Why The IoT Will Take Over Every Industry - April 29, 2016
- Make Your Smart Device Even Smarter By Answering These 4 Questions - April 20, 2016
- Infographic: How Wearables Are Revolutionizing Health Care Services - April 11, 2016
- How the Internet of Things will change your life - April 7, 2016
- Mondo Report: The Top 5 Cloud Positions/Skills In Highest Demand - April 5, 2016