Monitorscout.com – A Website And Server Monitoring Service
Monitor Scout is a website and server monitoring company based in Sweden with over 20 external monitoring locations across the globe. Their reliable monitoring solutions cover a wide range of devices and application including websites, servers, networks and web applications can keep downtime to a minimum. Through Monitor Scout’s various solutions, you will be able to identify latency and downtime issues at the earliest onset, allowing you to solve them even before your users get a wind of them. To ensure the maximum uptime, their notification system alerts you through Email and/or SMS when any issue arises.
Why choose Monitor Scout to monitor website and server?
- Monitor Scout’s recognized website and server monitoring services provide various benefits such as:
- No software installation required.
- Advanced warning of possible issues.
- Access to top class internal server monitoring services with notifications for HDD, CPU, RAM, NIC and processes.
- Internal and external monitoring with 50 different checks.
- View historic data about your website downtime and uptime with an attractive user interface.
- Carry out various monitor checks per device at frequent intervals.
- Great technical support for the extensive number of protocols and applications available
Website Monitoring and its work-flow:
Website monitoring is defined as a process through which the performance and accessibility of the website is being observed and evaluated. With the help of Monitor Scout’s website monitoring solutions you can initiate various checks to monitor the response time and other performance metrics. A very essential feature that Monitor Scout offers is administrator notification through various means like emails, RSS feeds or text messages the moment technical issues are sensed.
How Monitor Scout Proceeds with Website Monitoring?
If you are running an online business, then your top priority would be to make sure that your website remains available all the time. Your website largely depends on how well your web-hosting server operates. With this, Monitor Scout certainly comes in handy by checking the accessibility of your website from multiple locations and sends request to the universal ports of the hosting servers.
In website and server monitoring, there are a certain aspects that you need to focus on:
HTTP monitoring: Also known as Hyper Text Transfer Protocol, this monitoring checks the availability of the website.
DNS monitoring: this online monitoring service makes sure that your website domain name is being resolved correctly by the server.
Testing FTP: File Transfer Protocol works between port number 21 and 22. It helps in checking the speed and connectivity using the file transfer protocol for transferring files between computer networks for both downloading & uploading files.
Monitoring TCP: Transmission Control Protocol has been designed for smooth transfer of data from one device to another within a network.
Monitoring SMTP: Simple Mail Transfer Protocol works on port number 25. This monitoring check secures all emails associated with data of a network.
Testing POP3: This monitoring check retrieves or downloads e-mails from the remote servers. The POP or Post Office Protocol has been developed in various stages. At present, the standard version has been defined as POP3.
A Closer look at Server monitoring and its components:
How well your website works mainly depends upon the health of your server. In addition to this, you will find that your server also depends on the accuracy and performance of the set of programs and protocols as well as hardware components. With the help of a server monitoring systems you will be able to keep an eye on anything and everything including the CPU, RAM, HDD, NICs, Switch, router, etc.
How Monitor Scout helps in improving server performance?
By choosing server monitoring solutions you will not only be able to identify the issues with the system, but at the same time you can also enhance the performance of the server. It keeps you informed through SMS or email after gathering information from routine scheduled automated checks.
Let us now take a look at the different hardware statistics that should be monitored:
- CPU is the core of any system so it should be logical to check for it regularly and see if certain processes are hogging CPU resources as this could mean that the application is misbehaving and should be terminated. It is also ideal to set thresholds as the CPU usage in order to prevent lockups.
- RAM is another integral part of the system. All applications are using memory when being run, and some of them need more than others. RAM actually helps free up the CPU because processed data are stored in RAM so that they will not have to be processed by the CPU again. If there is less RAM, then processed data cannot often be store resulting in the CPU doing more work in order to provide the data to applications every time that it is required, instead of just fetching that data from RAM. The type of applications being run should be scaled according to the available RAM.
Disk space is a big factor but is becoming less of an issue as storage capacity technology is becoming cheaper. Still, this needs to be monitored simply for its performance and availability’s sake.
How Website and Server monitoring adds value to your business?
- With the help of a monitoring system you can assure customers that you can uphold the percent uptime that you have promised to provide.
- This ensures greater visibility for your website and less frustration from customers which will certainly help improves your business.
- With their routine and automatic monitoring solutions, you can ensure the health of your server and thus ensuring website stability and availability.
Free sign up for Website Monitoring to monitor your site from 20 locations across the globe and gets Email & SMS alert whenever your website goes offline.
By Abdul Salam
Sponsored Post by Monitorscout.com