Achieving Competitive Differentiation Through Agility
With cloud-based agile software development, organizations can respond to fast-changing needs at the speed their business demands.
Organizations are finding that a cloud-based platform for agile software development provides the speed and flexibility they need to respond to opportunities and market changes. But this will not happen overnight. To support cloud adoption, enterprise cloud development (ECD) platforms can provide a secure path for managing development and deployment in a hybrid cloud environment. This research report highlights how organizations are implementing and benefiting from cloud-based agile software development.
In today’s competitive business landscape, a convergence of game-changing trends is placing new value on immediacy. With rampant social media use, mobile device proliferation and an exponential increase in data, “now” is the only time that matters.
Companies are responding by gradually and selectively moving data and applications into the cloud (which enables elastic and instant application provisioning and deployment) and by embedding agile concepts and practices into their corporate cultures and software development processes. Using agile practices, developers can quickly and easily collaborate on applications that enable workers to gather, access, analyze and act immediately on information drawn from widespread and disparate sources.
Consider the following:
▪ Business users and consumers expect to instantly access and intuitively interact with information via digitally connected mobile devices.
▪ Vital information and services are contained on multiple platforms, and companies must develop applications that support them all. “Cloud, mobile, Web, legacy systems—it’s what we call multimodal development, and it’s changing the way companies develop and deploy software,” says Melinda Ballou, program director for Application Life-Cycle Management and Executive Strategies research at IDC.
▪ Data is available from device sensors, social media sites and corporate legacy systems.
▪ Companies need applications to help them quickly find and analyze pertinent information to support rapid decision-making and execution.
▪ A shaky economy has emphasized the need to find new growth opportunities within the exist.
Latest posts by CloudTweaks (see all)
- The Lighter Side Of The Cloud – The Couch Potato - July 31, 2015
- How To Avoid An IT Culture Clash - July 27, 2015
- CLOUD AGGREGATION IS INEVITABLE: The Shift From Digital Disruption To Digital Enabler - July 27, 2015