2013 – The Year Of The Hybrid Cloud
The gurus of the Cloud Management industry are betting that 2013 will prove to be the year of Hybrid Cloud Computing. Cloud Management as a concept and a service has truly blossomed. Moreover, it is expected to keep on growing at the same rate. Cloud Computing, as an industry, is expected to achieve a revenue of $43.2 billion in 2016. The best example of the success of Cloud Management is Amazon Web Services whose revenue is expected to rise to $3.8billion this year.
The Dawn Of An Era
A hybrid cloud seeks to link the company owned datacenter with the third-party cloud infrastructure resulting in a hybrid model. This model results in benefits that are the best of both worlds, a totally flexible and scalable cloud with a secure datacenter owned by the company.
The popularity of hybrid clouds can be gauged by the fact that ‘Red Hat’, that deals with open-source programs, has developed a solution, especially, for the hybrid cloud market so that companies can easily establish hybrid cloud, analyze the entire model, pinpoint areas that need improvement, and operate on an optimal level.
A Successful Hybrid Cloud Model
Zyrion, a firm providing cloud integration and management software has been riding the tidal wave of success of Hybrid Cloud Computing for the past year and expects this boom to continue, and even increase, in 2013. This optimism comes from the fact that Zyrion witnessed a growth of 200% in 2012, in it’s business.
Benefits of Hybrid Cloud
The reason for this immense success of hybrid cloud computing is it’s ability to accomplish three core tasks for it’s users. These are:
- Providing the ability to alter cloud dynamics, quickly
- Ensuring complete security of the datacenter
- Easy management of the cloud, including performance monitoring
A hybrid cloud helps the technical team to develop and apply the required software and applications quickly, alter the cloud requirements as and when required, and manage the datacenter to optimize the entire dataflow and save a massive amount of money.
Hybrid Cloud Computing is just starting to make headway in the IT industry, but already it is raking up impressive reviews and helping firms gain increased control and save money. SMEs have rapidly accepted this technology. Now, it is up to the big enterprises to adopt this model.
By Pere Hospital,
Pere Hospital (CISSP & OSCP) is the CTO and co-founder at Cloudways Ltd. He has over two decades of experience in IT Security, Risk Analysis and Virtualization Technologies. You can follow Pere on Twitter at @phospital or learn more about Cloudways at www.cloudways.com
- Moving Your Email To The Cloud? Beware Of Unintentional Data Spoliation! - September 22, 2016
- Problem In Customer Support – What Mobile App Developers Can Learn From AmEx - September 20, 2016
- Infographic: 12 Interesting Big Data Careers To Explore - September 19, 2016
- Digital Twin And The End Of The Dreaded Product Recall - September 13, 2016
- Write Once, Run Anywhere: The IoT Machine Learning Shift From Proprietary Technology To Data - September 12, 2016