Mobile Adoption Increases IT Security Risks
As more businesses transition their mission-critical operations to cloud and mobile-ready applications, the direct consequence is increased security vulnerability.
Last year, more than 30% of all mission-critical business applications were already in the cloud. That number is expected to rise to 50% as early as 2015. And as more business processes continue to expose themselves, the need for more stringent security measures becomes even more apparent.
An obvious solution would be to restrict the inclusion of sensitive data on cloud-driven applications. Unfortunately, as many as 15% of business leaders admit to not knowing how much sensitive data (if any) are on the cloud. In fact, close to half of business leaders aren’t fully up-to-date on their own internal policies on user access privileges.
The heart of this problem could lie in the system itself. Over 30% of IT leaders are unable to properly record user access privileges. And even after employment termination, 50% of employees feel that their employers do not revise user privileges quick enough.
In effect, the speed of cloud and mobile adoption is vastly outpacing the ability to properly secure them. If this concern is left unaddressed, businesses could be facing wide-scale security risks in only a couple of years’ time, if not sooner.
Infographic Source: Sailpoint
By Zig Roberts
- The Internet of Everything: Why The IoT Will Take Over Every Industry - April 29, 2016
- Make Your Smart Device Even Smarter By Answering These 4 Questions - April 20, 2016
- Infographic: How Wearables Are Revolutionizing Health Care Services - April 11, 2016
- How the Internet of Things will change your life - April 7, 2016
- Mondo Report: The Top 5 Cloud Positions/Skills In Highest Demand - April 5, 2016