Backupify Launches “Spring Release for Google Apps” with Enhanced Backup and Recovery Features
New cloud-to-cloud backup tools facilitate data management processes for large companies
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 4, 2013 – Backupify, the leading provider of cloud-to-cloud backup and recovery solutions for Software as a Service (SaaS) applications, today launched an enhanced set of backup and recovery features to support its core offering for enterprise-level organizations on Google Apps. The new “Spring Release for Google Apps” includes additional tools designed to provide more efficient ways for administrators and end-users to manage their backups within the complex internal structure of larger organizations.
With the launch of the Spring Release for Google Apps, Backupify continues to deliver on its promise to constantly offer organizations new and better ways to manage their cloud-to-cloud backups. The release also serves as a reminder to larger organizations about the need for better backup solutions due to the growing issue of data loss in the cloud.
“Most people are shocked at the number of organizations that have lost data from a cloud SaaS application,” said Dick Csaplar, Senior Research Analyst at Aberdeen Group, whose recent report found that 1 in 3 companies using SaaS experienced data loss. “People overwrite each other’s data, applications conflict and there are always stories of unhappy workers purposefully deleting their data on the way out the door. Organizations need to ensure that this just can’t happen. A backup plan is critical.”
“Our updated Google Apps solution highlights Backupify’s focus and commitment to enterprise organizations in need of a complete backup solution that prevents loss of important business information stored on the cloud,” said Rob May, CEO of Backupify. “Features like configurable data retention, advanced admin access control and domain export capabilities – functionality that’s critical for large companies – were all built as a result of listening to our customers’ ongoing needs.”
Following its popular Winter Release launched last December, the new version of Backupify for Google Apps includes additional features that make it the industry’s most comprehensive backup and recovery solution available today. The Spring Release for Google Apps includes the following advanced data recovery and admin controls:
- Full Domain Export allows administrators to download a full copy of their entire domain for a nominal fee. Whether responding to eDiscovery requests or satisfying internal requirements with an on-premise copy, the full domain export is a simple way to have your entire domain exported in a consumable format.
- Configurable Data Retention provides administrators with the ability to set a customized email retention period. This feature allows customers to respond to specific legal retention requirements or internal archiving policies.
- Batch Import of Users gives administrators the flexibility to upload lists of users without the need to pick and choose individuals. This feature is highly effective for implementing employee onboarding activities and for ongoing user management.
- Restore and Export Folder Hierarchy allows users to keep their organizational structure intact when restoring or exporting an entire account.
- Google Sites Restore gives both end-users and administrators the ability to restore items back to their Google Sites accounts quickly and easily.
In addition to the new features, Backupify has rolled out unlimited storage to both Professional and Enterprise plans. Backupify has also achieved SSAE-16/Soc2 Security Certification. Businesses can sign up today for a free trial of Backupify for Google Apps at: https://www.backupify.com/
Backupify is the leading provider of cloud-to-cloud backup and recovery solutions for Software as a Service (SaaS) applications, offering an all-in-one archiving, search and restore solution for the most popular online services including Salesforce, Google Apps, Facebook, Twitter and more. Backupify ensures that companies can access and control the data they entrust to these systems and prevents data loss from external threats, user error or service failure. Backupify was founded in 2008 and is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information, please visit: www.backupify.com or follow @Backupify on Twitter.
- Don’t Be Intimidated By Data Governance - May 24, 2016
- Business Analytics Vs Data Science - May 23, 2016
- Cloud is Killing Your BYOD Rollout, But Why? - May 17, 2016
- Is The Fintech Industry The Next Tech Bubble? - May 16, 2016
- Infographic Introduction – Benefits of Cloud Computing - May 10, 2016