Unified Communications as-a-Service (UCaaS)
Unified Communications has evolved in the last few years to the point where it is integrated with emerging elements of cloud services, which led to Unified Communications as-a-Service (UCaaS). UCaaS has become immensely popular amongst small businesses because it helps them to avoid the capital and operational expenses which they should be paying when deploying a unified communication solution on their own.
UCaaS technologies integrates enterprise messaging, presence location technology, telephony and video conferencing, online meetings. The technologies mentioned above are outsourced to a third-party supplier by using UCaaS and then delivered over the public Internet.
The main benefits of UCaaS are:
According to a recent study conducted by Markets and Markets, UCaaS is a highly standardized, pre-integrated, permanently updated and ready to go service that enhances a client’s productivity and accelerates business processes and decision making while lowering costs and it will be one of the key enabling factors that will drive the market for unified communication.
Studies reveal that the global UCaaS Telephony market is expected to grow from $0.87 billion in 2013 to $2.48 billion by 2018. But why is UCaaS expected to have such a success in the future? Here are some points that could make you take it into consideration for your company:
- Reducing capital and operational expenses: the company is not obliged to deploy a unified communication solution on its own and by integrating web conferencing, video conferencing, messaging, VoIP and presence over cloud, companies can now decrease front loaded capital costs
- Consistent service delivery
- UCaaS on per-seat basis: this gives businesses the opportunity to measure communications easily and effectively
- Hybrid models: integration of cloud providers services with UCaaS service providers
Is your company going to include UcaaS into their internal evaluation process?
By Rick Blaisdell / Rickscloud
- How Cloud Data Is Driving Transparency In The Channel - February 11, 2016
- Internet of Things: I Spy With My Little Eye… - February 11, 2016
- 4 Cloud Technology Trends To Look Out For - February 10, 2016
- Cloud Providers Should Welcome End Users’ Scrutiny on Security Practices - February 9, 2016
- The Effects Of Cloud On Data Center Design & Consolidation - February 8, 2016