Equinix Partners with CloudSigma to Market Cloud and Data Center Services
Leading Cloud Infrastructure Services (IaaS) Provider Deploys in Equinix Zurich and Washington as First Phase of Multi-PoP Global Agreement
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and ZURICH, Switzerland — JULY 9, 2013 — Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced a partnership with CloudSigma, an innovative Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider based in Zürich, Switzerland.
CloudSigma’s flexible enterprise-class hybrid cloud servers and public cloud hosting solutions have been initially deployed in Equinix’s Zurich International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) campus and Washington (DC6) data center. These deployments represent the first phase in an ambitious targeted roll-out in selected markets covered by Equinix’s global footprint of more than 90 IBX data centers in 31 markets.
Highlights / Key Facts
• Under the agreement the two companies will jointly market cloud and data center services to enterprise and government customers. The collaboration is designed to improve customer service and cloud adoption processes.
• Equinix’s global platform of carrier-neutral data center services and direct connect private line virtual LANs extending into CloudSigma solutions will enable Equinix’s 4,000+ customers to build hybrid cloud architectures incorporating public, private and legacy components.
• Equinix is well placed to quickly and cost-effectively support CloudSigma through its 900-strong global network ecosystem and extensive Ethernet Exchange Platform.
• Equinix is also home to over 500 cloud providers, providing a foundation on which CloudSigma can develop new platform (PaaS) and software (SaaS) offerings for Equinix customers.
• Bernino Lind, chief operating officer, CloudSigma
“CloudSigma is a global company with ambitions to expand its presence in Europe and North America, as well as newly emerging digital markets such as Brazil, the United Arab Emirates and Asia Pacific, fueled by our existing customers’ demand. Equinix is a perfect strategic match for this expansion due to its innovative culture, proactive partnership approach, global footprint and the IBX connectivity solution.”
• Dick Theunissen, chief marketing officer, Equinix EMEA
“CloudSigma’s highly customizable infrastructure is designed to minimize restrictions, allowing customers to incorporate flexibly sized virtual machines running their choice of operating system into hybrid cloud architectures spanning multiple locations and extending private networks into the CloudSigma cloud. They are a new and important component in our global ecosystem of best-of-breed cloud providers.”
CloudSigma is a pure-cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider that offers highly-available, flexible, enterprise-class hybrid cloud servers and cloud hosting solutions, both in Europe and the U.S. CloudSigma is the most customizable cloud provider on the market, giving customers full control over their cloud and eliminating restrictions on how users deploy their computing resources. With CloudSigma, customers can provision processing, storage, networks and other fundamental computing resources as they please, as well as extend private networks out of existing infrastructure and elastically into CloudSigma’s IaaS cloud to create easy to manage and transparent hybrid cloud solutions. For more information, please visit www.CloudSigma.com or find the company on Twitter @CloudSigma, Facebook and Google+.
Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Latest posts by CloudTweaks (see all)
- New AlgoSec Survey Reveals Huge Challenge To Unify Security Policy Management - September 30, 2014
- Meeting At Cloud Apps World – Free To Attend - September 30, 2014
- 5 Steps To Achieve Hyper Productivity With Your Digital Apps Development - September 29, 2014