Cloud Infographic: Is Your Data Secure?
When choosing a cloud-computing provider, the data center is one of the most important factors when making a decision. The data center in the place where your information will be stored, and the point from which it will be accessed in the future. It is imperative to research the data center used by your service provider.
Is the data center close to your service provider? Are they able to freely access the building if a problem were to arise? Data centers need to be staffed at all times in order for constant monitoring and maintenance. Does the location of the site pose risks? Can it still function in extreme weather conditions such as snow and rain?
As well as a data center being constantly manned, it is also essential to know the level of security in place. What security does the physical perimeter have (gates, CCTV, locks, scanners)? You also need to be aware of in-house security, what level of security clearances do they have for staff?
Attached is an excellent infographic found over at the hostwinds blog which takes a closer look inside top data center security.
Infographic Source: hostwinds
- Cloud Is Changing The Game For Retailers On Cyber Monday - November 27, 2015
- Is Your Office 365 Data Properly Protected? - November 25, 2015
- Cloud Computing – The Game Changer - November 19, 2015
- Banking On Recurring Revenue In The Cloud - November 18, 2015
- Juniper Research: Top Ten Tech Predictions For 2016 - November 16, 2015